The Game Show Forum > Game Show Channels & Networks

BUZZR Q2 2023

<< < (3/23) > >>

Bob Zager:

--- Quote from: TimK2003 on April 06, 2023, 01:15:25 PM ---
--- Quote from: SRIV94 on April 05, 2023, 11:43:51 PM ---
--- Quote from: Marshall Akers on April 04, 2023, 04:47:57 PM ---Tonight's first segment of TTTT's first airing should feature Carol Channing in a walkon cameo featuring a dresser to Hollywood and Broadway stars.

--- End quote ---

It did.  But the next ep (the one with Byron MacGregor) was also quite notable and enjoyable.

The bad news is they went back to 1693 with the 8:30 ep tonight, but they'll be back to 1842 Monday.

--- End quote ---

Damn, I never knew Byron was on TTTT., and I missed it.  I assume this was for his record, "The Americans"?

He was the brains behind the "blood and guts" news presentations on Detroit radio in the 70s. And he had a great voice for radio to boot.

--- End quote ---

Here on YouTube, is Byron MacGregor's TTTT episode:

In addition to his ties to CKLW radio in Windsor, Ontario, by the late 70s/early 80s, he did short news updates, including a short five-minute local broadcast at WKBD-TV Channel 50 in Detroit.  This coming as Channel 50 was airing the Independent Network News (INN).

Byron MacGregor died in early 1995, just two months shy of his 47th birthday, of pneumonia.

If you'd like to know more about him, click this link:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byron_MacGregor

Mr. Matté:

--- Quote from: Marshall Akers on April 04, 2023, 04:47:57 PM ---Tonight's first segment of TTTT's first airing should feature Carol Channing in a walkon cameo featuring a dresser to Hollywood and Broadway stars.

--- End quote ---

Keeping in line with a recent discussion about how the G-T panel shows shared contestants around, I could swear I've seen the second guest, Alphonso Woodall who kited across Lake Erie and saved drowning men (and later died trying to do the same in 1987), on WML or IGAS on a previous rerun.

Marshall Akers:

--- Quote from: Mr. Matté on April 19, 2023, 01:25:15 PM ---Keeping in line with a recent discussion about how the G-T panel shows shared contestants around, I could swear I've seen the second guest, Alphonso Woodall who kited across Lake Erie and saved drowning men (and later died trying to do the same in 1987), on WML or IGAS on a previous rerun.

--- End quote ---

Righto!  Woodall was the first contestant on the 1973 WML that featured Wally Bruner returning to the show as mystery guest.

Marshall

TimK2003:

--- Quote from: Bob Zager on April 19, 2023, 12:20:41 PM ---
--- Quote from: TimK2003 on April 06, 2023, 01:15:25 PM ---
--- Quote from: SRIV94 on April 05, 2023, 11:43:51 PM ---

--- End quote ---

It did.  But the next ep (the one with Byron MacGregor) was also quite notable and enjoyable.

The bad news is they went back to 1693 with the 8:30 ep tonight, but they'll be back to 1842 Monday.

--- End quote ---

Damn, I never knew Byron was on TTTT., and I missed it.  I assume this was for his record, "The Americans"?

He was the brains behind the "blood and guts" news presentations on Detroit radio in the 70s. And he had a great voice for radio to boot.

--- End quote ---

Here on YouTube, is Byron MacGregor's TTTT episode:

In addition to his ties to CKLW radio in Windsor, Ontario, by the late 70s/early 80s, he did short news updates, including a short five-minute local broadcast at WKBD-TV Channel 50 in Detroit.  This coming as Channel 50 was airing the Independent Network News (INN).

Byron MacGregor died in early 1995, just two months shy of his 47th birthday, of pneumonia.

If you'd like to know more about him, click this link:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byron_MacGregor

--- End quote ---

His wife Jo Jo Shiuty MacGregor could've been a TTTT subject as well.  She was the first female radio traffic reporter in North America (broadcasting from a helicopter) at the same station Byron worked at.  They later married and for a brief while was a weather forecaster on one of the Detroit TV stations.

Marshall Akers:
Fans of TTTT's irregular disguised-impostors segments -- like the times Tom Poston was adorable as a teddy bear, Wally Bruner overacted as a wolfman, and Gene Rayburn wheezed his way through Santa Claus-- may care to check out the first game's reveal in this evening's second show, a Buzzr first-run episode.  Fun spot!

Marshall

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version