The Game Show Forum > Game Show Channels & Networks

BUZZR Q2 2023

<< < (22/23) > >>

Bob Zager:

--- Quote from: Blanquepage on June 04, 2023, 05:24:22 PM ---
--- Quote from: rwalker on June 04, 2023, 04:39:36 PM ---Classic concentration is not the finale

--- End quote ---
One of the bumpers indicated a CC mini-marathon of the first 2 and the final 2.

--- End quote ---

The episode, which aired this past week on Buzzr Game Show Day, Alex asks the champ "Bob are you gonna come back next week?"  Then he asks Marjorie if she will, and she said "Uh, Maybe."

On Youtube, there is apparently an old videotape of the original NBC broadcast of the "finale."  The original broadcast DID NOT show the last prize cue of the Konica camera package, and the ending just shows Alex saying "we enjoyed having you with us; so long, everybody!"

I think they were not sure if the show was going to continue at the time of taping, and was edited.

splinkynip:

--- Quote ---The episode, which aired this past week on Buzzr Game Show Day, Alex asks the champ "Bob are you gonna come back next week?"  The asks Marjorie if she will, and she said "Uh, Maybe."

On Youtube, there is apparently an old videotape of the original NBC broadcast of the "finale."  The original broadcast DID NOT show the last prize cue of the Konica camera package, and the ending just shows Alex saying "we enjoyed having you with us; so long, everybody!"

I think they were not sure if the show was going to continue at the time of taping, and was edited.
--- End quote ---

The video you are referring to on YouTube must be from the rerun from August of 1992. Reruns always cut out the consolation prize plug before the last commercial. I'm not sure if Alex's closing comments were also edited when it originally aired the year before.

TimK2003:

--- Quote from: splinkynip on June 06, 2023, 01:23:20 PM ---
--- Quote ---The episode, which aired this past week on Buzzr Game Show Day, Alex asks the champ "Bob are you gonna come back next week?"  The asks Marjorie if she will, and she said "Uh, Maybe."

--- End quote ---
The video you are referring to on YouTube must be from the rerun from August of 1992. Reruns always cut out the consolation prize plug before the last commercial. I'm not sure if Alex's closing comments were also edited when it originally aired the year before.

--- End quote ---

Did the NBC run of CC go into reruns the following Monday, or did the reruns show up on NBC after CC's "replacement" flamed out.  There were so many changes in the Daytime  lineups in the late 80s, I don't remember what actually happened after the last first-run ep.

BrandonFG:

--- Quote from: TimK2003 on June 06, 2023, 04:32:30 PM ---Did the NBC run of CC go into reruns the following Monday, or did the reruns show up on NBC after CC's "replacement" flamed out.  There were so many changes in the Daytime  lineups in the late 80s, I don't remember what actually happened after the last first-run ep.

--- End quote ---
Looks like it was about a month later. Per the Daytime TV Archive, the reruns started 10/28/91.

splinkynip:
Three weeks of reruns of CC and WoF aired after the final unacknowledged 8/30/1991 last shows, then the time slots were given back to affiliates. CC returned in reruns at the end of October, replacing a new show Cover to Cover.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version