The Game Show Forum > Game Show Channels & Networks

BUZZR Q2 2023

<< < (23/23)

cmjb13:

--- Quote from: Bob Zager on June 06, 2023, 12:35:35 PM ---
--- Quote from: Blanquepage on June 04, 2023, 05:24:22 PM ---
--- Quote from: rwalker on June 04, 2023, 04:39:36 PM ---Classic concentration is not the finale

--- End quote ---
One of the bumpers indicated a CC mini-marathon of the first 2 and the final 2.

--- End quote ---

The episode, which aired this past week on Buzzr Game Show Day, Alex asks the champ "Bob are you gonna come back next week?"  Then he asks Marjorie if she will, and she said "Uh, Maybe."

On Youtube, there is apparently an old videotape of the original NBC broadcast of the "finale."  The original broadcast DID NOT show the last prize cue of the Konica camera package, and the ending just shows Alex saying "we enjoyed having you with us; so long, everybody!"

I think they were not sure if the show was going to continue at the time of taping, and was edited.

--- End quote ---
I take it this unedited ending was the first time it’s ever been seen?

snowpeck:

--- Quote from: cmjb13 on June 08, 2023, 09:46:01 AM ---
--- Quote from: Bob Zager on June 06, 2023, 12:35:35 PM ---
--- Quote from: Blanquepage on June 04, 2023, 05:24:22 PM ---
--- Quote from: rwalker on June 04, 2023, 04:39:36 PM ---Classic concentration is not the finale

--- End quote ---
One of the bumpers indicated a CC mini-marathon of the first 2 and the final 2.

--- End quote ---

The episode, which aired this past week on Buzzr Game Show Day, Alex asks the champ "Bob are you gonna come back next week?"  Then he asks Marjorie if she will, and she said "Uh, Maybe."

On Youtube, there is apparently an old videotape of the original NBC broadcast of the "finale."  The original broadcast DID NOT show the last prize cue of the Konica camera package, and the ending just shows Alex saying "we enjoyed having you with us; so long, everybody!"

I think they were not sure if the show was going to continue at the time of taping, and was edited.

--- End quote ---
I take it this unedited ending was the first time it’s ever been seen?

--- End quote ---
We don't know for sure. The copy that's circulating is from a 1992 rerun, and NBC regularly made those kinds of edits to the reruns anyway.

SRIV94:

--- Quote from: TimK2003 on June 06, 2023, 04:32:30 PM ---Did the NBC run of CC go into reruns the following Monday, or did the reruns show up on NBC after CC's "replacement" flamed out.  There were so many changes in the Daytime  lineups in the late 80s, I don't remember what actually happened after the last first-run ep.

--- End quote ---
To be somewhat fair, Cover To Cover was not a replacement for CC.  It actually replaced Trialwatch.

Blanquepage:
Well this seems interesting, on 6/30 from 8-Midnight ET, it looks like the return of the old stunt "Pick N Play."
Viewers would go online and vote for the shows to fill that lineup, they did this back in 2015 (old promo below)

I'm sure we'll see the official 2023 promo sooner than later now that the schedule's hanging out there.
Nice to see them sticking with some Viewer's Choice stuff!

Blanquepage:
2023 promo:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version