Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Treasure Hunt '81  (Read 1284 times)

beatlefreak84

Treasure Hunt '81
« on: March 14, 2004, 11:05:38 PM »
Hello all,

Just got through watching some great episodes of Treasure Hunt '81, which included Jamaica Rose's amazing run to over $57,000 in cash and prizes.  And, with that, of course, comes a statistical question, which I can probably bet the farm on who will answer first:

Anyway, here goes:  We all know that Rose's $57,000+ is the highest total won by anybody on TH.  However, since there were returning champs on the show, did anybody stay on longer than she did?  I know she won five games before finally "succumbing" to defeat (getting stuck with the bad box!), and so I'm wondering if anybody did stay on longer, and, if so, how did she do?

Thanks in advance for satisfying the weird part of my brain that actually wants to know these statistics!  :)

Anthony
You have da Arm-ee and da Leg-ee!

Temptation Dollars:  the only accepted currency for Lots of Love™

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Treasure Hunt '81
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2004, 11:51:14 PM »
I don't have the answer, but in fact, another question:

I thought that if you found the check in your box, and picked the box instead of the money, you won the jackpot, along with anything else you had accumulated, but at that point you retired undefeated.

Which is right: play until you lose, or play until you lose or find the check?

Travis
Travis L. Eberle

Don Howard

Treasure Hunt '81
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2004, 12:19:40 AM »
[quote name=\'TLEberle\' date=\'Mar 14 2004, 11:51 PM\'] I don't have the answer, but in fact, another question:

I thought that if you found the check in your box, and picked the box instead of the money, you won the jackpot, along with anything else you had accumulated, but at that point you retired undefeated.

Which is right: play until you lose, or play until you lose or find the check?

Travis [/quote]
 The answer is: Play until you lose.
The aforementioned Jamaica Rose ended up with the wrong box
in the head-to-head contest just after her big win.