Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Intact series with multiple scattered missing episodes  (Read 6165 times)

CarpetCrawler

Re: Intact series with multiple scattered missing episodes
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2023, 05:30:28 PM »
A week or MG '77 with Adam Arkin on the panel, never aired on GSN or Buzzr, with progressively worse video problems

Does this put to bed the longstanding theory that Arkin vetoed reruns of his week, at least GSN-wise?

Might this also be the real reason why GSN or Buzzr never has touched the week of MG '78 with Valerie Bertinelli on the panel, especially since she herself said there never was a veto?
Recalling the nonexistent, yet long perpetuated amongst the hobbyists, "veto" from Chuck Henry on airing his NYSI, I'd feel likely there was no such veto.

Having seen week's worth of shows I agree, it's clear that the audio issues are the root of the cause--but it does bring up the question of why Game Show Network and Buzzr have skipped Adam Arkin's Match Game PM episode.  I don't recall any audio issues popping up when I watched the PM appearance, and the episode before and after it have been skipped by both channels as far as I know, and from what I remember neither of those have audio issues either.  My assumption is wires got crossed (IE. someone at GSN saw the week got skipped and assumed it was for clearance reasons later down the road rather than technical issues and skipped the PM episode in the rotation).
- CC Kirby

jlgarfield

• Rider Pride!
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2023, 08:01:20 PM »
^ I seem to remember many years ago hearing that the masters to those Bullseye eps were recorded in a different format than the-then standards of either 1" or 2" (the transition from the latter to the former was taking place in the time that show was on the air).

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2023, 08:05:25 PM »
The three missing 72 IGAS ones would be Jo Ann Pflug, Jan Murray and Ruth Buzzi.

i know this isn't the first show you guys think about when you're discussing series with missing episodes, but I have been informed reliably that these three simply are not in the Fremantle collection.  They're missing.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.