The Game Show Forum > Game Show Channels & Networks

BUZZR Q3 2023

<< < (3/9) > >>

SRIV94:

--- Quote from: vtown7 on July 01, 2023, 07:03:36 AM ---Went to go and vote for the next batch of shows - was round one and two the initial voting period or was there another one that just closed and I've just missed it?  No worries either away, just curious.

--- End quote ---

Round 1 and 2 were simultaneous.  New voting (for what I assume is Weeks 3 and 4) starts a week from today.

BillCullen1:
Nice to see WML, TTTT and Monty's BTC if only for one evening. I believe we saw the first Blyden and Bruner shows of WML. Plus they got Martha Mitchell as a panelist on TTTT. How did G-T pull that off? Very enjoyable.

jw2001:
I didn't watch the entire block, but what I enjoyed most was seeing Bill guest-host an episode of TTTT.

jjman920:

--- Quote from: BillCullen1 on July 01, 2023, 07:49:18 PM ---Nice to see WML, TTTT and Monty's BTC if only for one evening. I believe we saw the first Blyden and Bruner shows of WML. Plus they got Martha Mitchell as a panelist on TTTT. How did G-T pull that off? Very enjoyable.

--- End quote ---
Based off of the comments made by Mark and Bill during the episode it sounds like it was the first episode Bill guest hosted of that series to keep with the theme. Maybe it could've meant the first episode of that season he guest hosted.

Also, I think it just turns out people from all over like game shows and it wouldn't surprise me if word of Mrs. Mitchell's fandom of the show reached someone at G-T through a party or something and they offered her the chance to be on the panel. The same way other famous public figures appeared on the WML? panel over the years.

calliaume:

--- Quote from: BillCullen1 on July 01, 2023, 07:49:18 PM ---Plus they got Martha Mitchell as a panelist on TTTT. How did G-T pull that off? Very enjoyable.

--- End quote ---
It looks like Martha Mitchell was making the TV rounds in that era, appearing on Mike Douglas and Merv Griffin’s shows, as well as Laugh-In. All of those appearances were about two years before Watergate.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version