The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

$ale of the Century discussion

<< < (12/16) > >>

BrandonFG:
I might be misreading, but let’s say I go into the Knockoff with $75. Lowest-level prize (say a stainless steel kitchen) is $300. I get five right and then get three strikes, so do I end up with $325 to buy the kitchen or do I stay at $75?

SuperMatch93:

--- Quote from: BrandonFG on August 24, 2023, 11:21:08 PM ---I might be misreading, but let’s say I go into the Knockoff with $75. Lowest-level prize (say a stainless steel kitchen) is $300. I get five right and then get three strikes, so do I end up with $325 to buy the kitchen or do I stay at $75?

--- End quote ---

You'd end up with $75 in that case. My initial thought was to use the sale prices from the 80s version with the lowest level prize at $85, so someone who struck out would still likely be able to afford it in that case. If they couldn't I suppose you could multiply their score by some amount (say, 50) as a consolation.

tvmitch:

--- Quote from: TLEberle on August 24, 2023, 03:32:33 PM ---I think that Mitch meant Temptation Australia.

--- End quote ---
Yes, I did. Edited

aaron sica:

--- Quote from: Ian Wallis on August 24, 2023, 06:52:24 PM ---Body Language wasn't picked up by the Buffalo or Rochester CBS stations either, so I never saw it in its original run.  I think the only thing I recall seeing was a brief plug for the show which slipped thru once on one of those stations, otherwise I had no idea it even existed.

--- End quote ---

That area wasn't kind to BL at all! Went to the old newspaper listings and found this curious listing - May 14, 1985, 10 (Rochester's CBS station) carried Hour Magazine at 5pm, who had Tom Kennedy as a guest. The listing mentioned Body Language. I can't help wondering how many Rochester viewers wondered what that show even was!

carlisle96:

--- Quote from: aaron sica on August 24, 2023, 01:53:59 PM ---
--- Quote from: carlisle96 on August 24, 2023, 01:51:24 PM ---Really? I never saw it.

--- End quote ---

Well, 9:30's kind of an easy-to-miss slot. WCAU-10 (also then CBS) did the same thing. Thought I remembered from old TV Guides, but I verified with old Baltimore Sun TV listings.

--- End quote ---
I must have been working or, more likely in those days, looking for work or just sleeping late

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version