The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

$ale of the Century discussion

<< < (15/16) > >>

SuperMatch93:

--- Quote from: rebelwrest on August 24, 2024, 06:13:18 PM ---5/29/83 was a Sunday, so I think the clip featured was the introduction of the cash jackpot unless NBC spoiled the outcome of the following day's episode.

--- End quote ---

I'm thinking they did. Supposedly Maureen made it to the jackpot in five shows, so she would have been the one next to Jim.

I've been wanting to visit DC for years now, and if I ever go I should check out the Library of Congress and see if the stash of NBC program cards they have there includes anything Sale related.

ETA: The fish is on eBay (or one of his cousins, anyway).

TLEberle:
And now down to $100.

/I might buy if it had $200 for pots and pans in its mouth.

SuperMatch93:
Regarding Ray Winston's non-participation in the '83 TOC, I wonder if the person we'd previously identified in that pic is actually Michael Todaro; perhaps he shaved his head and got a tan the previous summer.  :)

I'm also trying to confirm an additional tidbit from a YouTube commenter on one of Laura Chambers' episodes: supposedly, the $10 and $15 money cards were added on Memorial Day of '83. It was May 30 that year which would place it a week after the cash jackpot was introduced. I'd think of the 23rd as a more likely date though; it would have been hard for Maureen to make it to $510 in five days without some extra dosh from the Fame Game.

jlgarfield:
- Ooh, a snippet of a circa April 1984 show! :D

Neumms:
What was “true or false” on the Fame Game board?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version