Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Report of Wheel of Fortune's choice of new host  (Read 5445 times)

Jimmy Owen

Re: Report of Wheel of Fortune's choice of new host
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2023, 06:25:45 AM »
Fortunately no one remembers "Million Second Quiz"
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2023, 02:47:15 PM »
Interesting he mentioned Vanna.  So, she’s staying put?  I thought she’d leave with Pat.

If the clickbait articles are to be believed (which they're probably not), Vanna's taking this opportunity to demand a long-overdue pay raise.
I hope she asks for a raise, but it would surprise me as to why it took til now for her to ask. She's always been the bigger face of wheel, even if she's not the traffic cop. If she were to do it now, it would be without much leverage, as the general public seemed to believe she and Pat would leave as a team anyway, especially with Maggie likely already taking measurements of Vanna's dressing room.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

Kevin Prather

« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2023, 02:51:07 PM »
Interesting he mentioned Vanna.  So, she’s staying put?  I thought she’d leave with Pat.

If the clickbait articles are to be believed (which they're probably not), Vanna's taking this opportunity to demand a long-overdue pay raise.
I hope she asks for a raise, but it would surprise me as to why it took til now for her to ask. She's always been the bigger face of wheel, even if she's not the traffic cop. If she were to do it now, it would be without much leverage, as the general public seemed to believe she and Pat would leave as a team anyway, especially with Maggie likely already taking measurements of Vanna's dressing room.

I always got the vibe that Vanna felt a bit of deference towards Pat, hence why she's always talked about retiring when he does. If the show actively wants her to stay for another year, I'd say she has quite a bit of leverage, especially if she's more than happy to walk away.