The Game Show Forum > Game Show Channels & Networks

Two New Pluto TV Channels in July

<< < (6/9) > >>

colonial:

--- Quote from: SamJ93 on July 12, 2023, 09:32:32 AM ---Has anyone actually called that "viewer comment hotline" that Tom plugs on several episodes to see where it goes now? I'm kinda surprised they didn't edit that out or at least cover up the number...

--- End quote ---

Per a Google search, it's now for a notary service in the Dallas area.

Chelsea Thrasher:
Squares full rotation of episodes is now available on demand, and includes a total of 166 episodes (out of 180) from season 5, and 169 episodes from season 6 - including both Game Show Weeks in their entirety (shows #5061-5065 and #6041-6045). No particular pattern to which episodes are unavailable, with every panel of both seasons having at least three episodes present.

MSTieScott:
I've been wondering whether the channel would skip any episodes as the result of a joke that would be deemed in poor taste in 2023. I haven't been watching too regularly, but so far, I haven't heard anything exceptionally offensive. And one way to hide random-seeming skips would be to run the episodes on the live channel wildly out of order. It's only a theory, but I like my theory.

Not only am I happy to see the entirety of both Game Show Weeks available, but the April Fools' episode (#5132) is also available on demand. And all five episodes of Staff Appreciation Week are at the end, so we can watch everybody's reactions to the known cancellation across the entire taping day.

TimK2003:

--- Quote from: MSTieScott on July 21, 2023, 04:26:59 AM ---I've been wondering whether the channel would skip any episodes as the result of a joke that would be deemed in poor taste in 2023. I haven't been watching too regularly, but so far, I haven't heard anything exceptionally offensive. And one way to hide random-seeming skips would be to run the episodes on the live channel wildly out of order. It's only a theory, but I like my theory.

--- End quote ---

I've enjoyed watching the Pluto H² Channel ‐‐ especially since Northeast Ohio was denied this show  for 5½ of it's 6 seasons (THANKS, WEWS).  On a recent Pluto episode, I saw that Penn & Teller continued the YOU FOOL! tradition well beyond that infamous episode.

The only problem with the H² episodes on "shuffle mode" is the confusion of  main game play and bonus round formats from episode to episode.  I never knew they had tried the best 2 out of 3 game format with carryover games between episodes for a time.  And the key round formats were tweaked a bit.

BrandonFG:

--- Quote from: TimK2003 on July 21, 2023, 05:38:39 PM ---The only problem with the H² episodes on "shuffle mode" is the confusion of  main game play and bonus round formats from episode to episode.  I never knew they had tried the best 2 out of 3 game format with carryover games between episodes for a time.  And the key round formats were tweaked a bit.

--- End quote ---
Until I started watching Pluto, I forgot this was a thing myself. The two ways to figure out which season of H^2 you're watching:

1. Self-contained episodes: 2002-03.
Straddling: 2003-04.

2. Cheaper bonus round prizes: 2003-04.

The last three seasons alternated between 4 and 4:30 pm on WTKR so I watched quite a bit in college. The Pluto channel is taking me back in time right now...when I worked on the yearbook, our theme for those two years revolved around entertainment. I lobbied hard to get the cover to look something like the H^2 intro, but I lost that battle. :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version