The Game Show Forum > Game Show Channels & Networks

Two New Pluto TV Channels in July

<< < (8/9) > >>

SuperSweeper:
Scott, thank you so much! This answered several questions I had (including wondering if Henry Winkler ever appeared...and he did!).

I noticed another anomaly, which occurred during the second week of Season 5. Michael McDonald only appeared M-W; Anna Nicole Smith (and friends!) appeared Th-Fri.

BrandonFG:

--- Quote from: SuperSweeper on July 23, 2023, 03:56:08 PM ---I noticed another anomaly, which occurred during the second week of Season 5. Michael McDonald only appeared M-W; Anna Nicole Smith (and friends!) appeared Th-Fri.

--- End quote ---
Something similar happened during the first season as well, when Billy Crystal and Robin Williams appeared alongside Whoopi for three Comic Relief episodes. It aired during Thanksgiving week, so that could also explain why they only did three eps., knowing most markets might pre-empt the show for football or parades.

MSTieScott:

--- Quote from: SuperSweeper on July 23, 2023, 03:56:08 PM ---I noticed another anomaly, which occurred during the second week of Season 5. Michael McDonald only appeared M-W; Anna Nicole Smith (and friends!) appeared Th-Fri.

--- End quote ---

Updated. Thanks!

--- Quote from: BrandonFG on July 23, 2023, 04:25:29 PM ---Something similar happened during the first season as well, when Billy Crystal and Robin Williams appeared alongside Whoopi for three Comic Relief episodes.

--- End quote ---

I think they were more likely to move celebrities around the grid within a week and swap celebrities in and out during the Whoopi years (maybe only the early Whoopi years?). I remember one week in which nearly the entire cast of ABC's Whose Line Is It Anyway? appeared -- the regulars stayed in the grid for the entire week, but the semi-regulars all took turns filling some of the remaining squares.

SuperSweeper:

--- Quote from: MSTieScott on July 23, 2023, 06:36:43 PM ---I think they were more likely to move celebrities around the grid within a week and swap celebrities in and out during the Whoopi years (maybe only the early Whoopi years?). I remember one week in which nearly the entire cast of ABC's Whose Line Is It Anyway? appeared -- the regulars stayed in the grid for the entire week, but the semi-regulars all took turns filling some of the remaining squares.

--- End quote ---

Nope, it happened all throughout the Whoopi era. I know of at least three weeks during Season 4 (including the very star-studded Women Who Care Week) that swapped the squares around and out every episode.

colonial:
This happened a few times during the Davidson era as well. They switched out a few New York-centric celebs for the Radio City Music Hall episodes -- The morning show weathermen (Willard Scott et al) were switched out with Gene Shalit; Mark Gastineau and Lawrence Taylor switched out for a week; and I think Debbie Gibson "split" a square one week with another celeb (blanking on the name).

JD

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version