The Game Show Forum > Game Show Channels & Networks

Two New Pluto TV Channels in July

<< < (9/9)

Allstar87:

--- Quote from: colonial on July 24, 2023, 03:23:23 PM ---This happened a few times during the Davidson era as well. They switched out a few New York-centric celebs for the Radio City Music Hall episodes -- The morning show weathermen (Willard Scott et al) were switched out with Gene Shalit; Mark Gastineau and Lawrence Taylor switched out for a week; and I think Debbie Gibson "split" a square one week with another celeb (blanking on the name).

--- End quote ---

Looking at Kris Lane's most excellent Davidson Squares guide, it appears to be The Fat Boys.

https://web.archive.org/web/20030724122007/http://www.xanfan.com/celebrities/squares86.htm

bwood:
Has anyone heard any additional news regarding the previously announced "More TV Game Shows" channel?
I figured it would debut with the HS channel but still has not launched.

daveromanjr:

--- Quote from: bwood on August 02, 2023, 04:28:04 PM ---Has anyone heard any additional news regarding the previously announced "More TV Game Shows" channel?

--- End quote ---
I've been wondering the same thing - kind of surprised no mention of it from Pluto outside from the original announcement of the channel.

chargeradiocom:

--- Quote from: daveromanjr on August 03, 2023, 08:20:00 AM ---
--- Quote from: bwood on August 02, 2023, 04:28:04 PM ---Has anyone heard any additional news regarding the previously announced "More TV Game Shows" channel?

--- End quote ---
I've been wondering the same thing - kind of surprised no mention of it from Pluto outside from the original announcement of the channel.

--- End quote ---
Probably there was a delay of some kind. If I venture a guess, I’d imagine there was a hold up with the rights to one of the shows they were planning to use as an anchor.

Pluto is usually good to deliver on their promises about channels & programming, even if it’s delayed on occasion. IIRC BUZZR was announced for 2 or 3 months before it showed up on Pluto. More recently, the XITE music channels were announced several months before they were added. (Though to be fair, I only saw that announced early on one news site, so I’m thinking said site may have gotten out over their skis on that one.)

SamJ93:
For those of us who just can't get enough Jimmy Carr in our lives, all 16 episodes of UK Distraction are now available in Pluto On Demand.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version