Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Wheel of Fortune- Remove RSTLNE?  (Read 7776 times)

SuperSweeper

Re: Wheel of Fortune- Remove RSTLNE?
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2023, 03:55:40 PM »
The Wheel is pretty clearly secondary (at best) at this point. There hasn't been a significant change to it since the move to one template in 1996 - 27 years ago. The last significant set of value changes was in 2014 (hard to believe it's been that long), and some of that was undone a year later.

As a fan, I'm not keen on the continued expansion of the Toss-Ups (particularly some of the bad writing on the Triple); I'd prefer one $1,000 TU before round 4, and that's it.

As a contestant, bring it on. The chance to win $10K in the TTU means that someone else's Prize Puzzle win can be partially or totally negated. Overall, that's up to $13,000 available per episode that's pretty much all skill-based. That's usually not enough to win on its own, but it's a solid foundation.

BrandonFG

Re: Wheel of Fortune- Remove RSTLNE?
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2023, 03:57:59 PM »
I agree TimK2003.  The toss-up puzzles should be done away with entirely.
I’m ok with eliminating either one of the first two or the triple Toss-Ups, but I don’t mind them in general as an icebreaker. It breaks up the monotony the show’s had for 20 years. I never thought it would be possible to have too much game in a show. It’s almost like a reverse NBC primetime pacing issue.

And I don’t know the solution. I can only get but so excited for the Express or Crossword puzzles.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!