Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TPIR: New studio details  (Read 46634 times)

Mr. Matté

Re: TPIR: New studio details
« Reply #75 on: September 11, 2023, 09:58:26 AM »
Roger, is this the first time a rhetorical question was literally answered on this board?

(Roger nods)

This is a historic moment on the Game Show Forum!

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #76 on: September 11, 2023, 03:53:22 PM »
My theory, and it is merely a theory, mind you, is that somebody currently or formerly connected with CBS is getting a chunk of Drew's outsized salary.

Drew reportedly used to show up for rehearsal without having learned his lines, so to speak.

Didn’t both Barker and Carey negotiate their salaries with CBS but were paid by the production company?

I don't know about Drew, but Barker certainly did. I don't know if they were technically employees of CBS or Fremantle.

Are you in touch with Dave Fisher?

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #77 on: September 11, 2023, 03:55:39 PM »
Does anyone know how many stagehands and technicians came with the show from TV City to the new studio?

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #78 on: September 13, 2023, 02:23:37 PM »
There's now an Instragram post that shows the audience and contestant's row. Definitely feels smaller but I don't mind it.
This signature is currently under construction.

snowpeck

« Reply #79 on: September 13, 2023, 03:05:49 PM »
There's now an Instragram post that shows the audience and contestant's row. Definitely feels smaller but I don't mind it.
The link doesn't work for me.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
« Reply #80 on: September 13, 2023, 03:18:16 PM »
The link doesn't work for me.

They took it down for some reason.
@lambertman

cmjb13

« Reply #81 on: September 13, 2023, 03:36:43 PM »
Are you in touch with Dave Fisher?

I haven’t spoken with Dave in about 2 years.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

BrandonFG

« Reply #82 on: September 13, 2023, 04:45:59 PM »
Try this link. I do love the new Contestants Row. Still think homebase (not shown) is a little too busy, but they did a great job with the new studio IMO.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

cmjb13

« Reply #83 on: September 13, 2023, 06:06:46 PM »
Try this link. I do love the new Contestants Row. Still think homebase (not shown) is a little too busy, but they did a great job with the new studio IMO.
I just get Mad TV vibes looking at this like it’s a spoof of itself.

COVID and the studio move gave them an excuse to downsize which I’m sure they had wanted to do for years

Could they fit 320 in there if they wanted to?
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

SuperMatch93

« Reply #84 on: September 13, 2023, 07:11:26 PM »
Could they fit 320 in there if they wanted to?

Doubt it, we counted 170-ish seats in the studio.
-William https://dekochunterzz.bandcamp.com/
"30 years from now, people won’t care what we’re doing right now." - Bob Barker on The Price is Right, 1983

Jsach

« Reply #85 on: September 13, 2023, 08:58:17 PM »
The studio fits 170 exact.

BrandonFG

« Reply #86 on: September 13, 2023, 09:11:23 PM »
I just get Mad TV vibes looking at this like it’s a spoof of itself.
So when I first heard about the move I had the same thought. But I don't mind the steeper audience setup...it's not a full set of bleachers like the foreign versions.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #87 on: September 13, 2023, 10:19:31 PM »
But I don't mind the steeper audience setup...it's not a full set of bleachers like the foreign versions.

I'm pretty sure that was intentional -- I think their MO for this project was "make it look as much as possible like we didn't move."

Clay Zambo

« Reply #88 on: September 13, 2023, 10:38:53 PM »
I hope it's not awful, but I really like the smaller audience. Pre-COVID, 33 was getting more and more of a crazed frat-party vibe. Not that I know anything about crazed frat parties, mind.

I think 170 is *fine,* especially considering how amped up they're gonna be by George and the audience wranglers.
czambo@mac.com

jw2001

« Reply #89 on: September 13, 2023, 10:50:40 PM »
I really like it! I think it looks great.