Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TPIR: New studio details  (Read 46639 times)

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
Re: TPIR: New studio details
« Reply #90 on: September 14, 2023, 03:41:04 AM »
I do love the new Contestants Row. Still think homebase (not shown) is a little too busy,

Then you may want to reserve judgment until September 25. Those big squares beneath the bid readouts will be displaying the same type of video that's in the monitors on home base.

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #91 on: September 18, 2023, 08:27:57 PM »
Are you in touch with Dave Fisher?

I haven’t spoken with Dave in about 2 years.

Probably just as well. I'll tell you my stories next time I see you.

Wonderful people, those CBS folk.

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #92 on: September 18, 2023, 08:33:53 PM »
Who designed the new set?

SuperMatch93

« Reply #93 on: September 20, 2023, 10:38:20 PM »
We have a commercial for premiere week:

(I'm at 0:10 in, orange shirt on the left with the sideburns.)
-William https://dekochunterzz.bandcamp.com/
"30 years from now, people won’t care what we’re doing right now." - Bob Barker on The Price is Right, 1983

trainman

« Reply #94 on: September 25, 2023, 01:07:13 AM »
I went to a taping on Friday -- my first time at a TPIR taping in around 20 years. I was curious to see the new studio, and it helped that it's much easier for me to get to than Television City is (and has free parking available).

I arrived with a regular "line voucher" ticket at 7:30 for an 8:00 arrival time, and I was one of the last people to get in (I got a number, the family of 6 behind me got numbers, and then they cut it off).

There were two extended stopdowns due to issues with two of the pricing games, but even aside from that, things seemed a bit lackadaisical, for lack of a better word, compared to the way things were run 20 years ago. The taping started at around 11:15 and didn't end until around 1:35. (And then they were going to tape two more shows after lunch -- seemed like it was going to be a long day for everyone.)

During one of the stopdowns, Drew and George got to talking about horror movies. George mentioned Svengoolie, so Drew of course brought up Cleveland's Ghoulardi and pointed out that the guy who played Ghoulardi was also the ABC network announcer -- neither Drew nor George could remember his name, so I got to yell out "Ernie Anderson."
trainman is a man of trains

Sodboy13

« Reply #95 on: September 25, 2023, 10:28:31 AM »
I am aware that he gets national circulation now, but it's still wild to see a mention of Svengoolie outside the Chicago area. You'd think there would be a tourism boom for Berwyn by now.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

jw2001

« Reply #96 on: September 25, 2023, 12:16:44 PM »
I am aware that he gets national circulation now, but it's still wild to see a mention of Svengoolie outside the Chicago area. You'd think there would be a tourism boom for Berwyn by now.

BERWYN!?

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #97 on: September 25, 2023, 07:51:31 PM »
Seeing the premiere, outside of the new Contestant's Row there's not a lot that felt different. There were brief moments where I subconsciously felt something looked different (usually with staging and spacing) but I don't think that's going to be a persistent issue and definitely not an issue for most of the audience.

I do worry that the wings of the new CR are a little too long to be practical.
This signature is currently under construction.

RobertSearcy

• Executive Producer
« Reply #98 on: September 25, 2023, 08:07:00 PM »
I do worry that the wings of the new CR are a little too long to be practical.

Watching the 1st S52 episode as I type this - I agree with this thought.  I keep thinking someone's going to get too excited to get on stage, shortcut the turn just a little too much, & trip over one of the ends.
"If everyone played Stud 8, it wouldn't matter who's in the White House because this would be one happy country!" -- Norman Chad during the 2007 World Series of Poker $50K HORSE event

cmjb13

« Reply #99 on: September 25, 2023, 08:33:29 PM »
Watching the premiere today, it just feels like a MAD TV parody

The show also feels like it just exists. Stagnant and just there.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #100 on: September 25, 2023, 09:17:03 PM »
The taping started at around 11:15 and didn't end until around 1:35.

2 hours and 20 minutes for one show? What was the nature of the stopdowns and how long do you estimate they took?

I wonder if they're being more lackadaisical because they are no longer paying CBS by the minute for facilities.

BrandonFG

« Reply #101 on: September 25, 2023, 09:28:39 PM »

I kinda see what you mean, but I think it’s just the steepness of the audience.

Haven’t watched the show in a minute, except on mute at the gym. The new studio takes some getting used to, but I’m enjoying the show. I’d be interested to see how long tapings take after they get adjusted to the studio.

My only real gripe is the audio makes it seem like the audience is far from the stage.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2023, 11:10:44 PM by BrandonFG »
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Neumms

« Reply #102 on: September 25, 2023, 09:37:19 PM »
I thought they mostly shot Contestants’ Row to make it look fairly familiar. I presume they added the wings on either side to separate it and get a little more out of the trip on stage. I don’t mind it, and, as long as it’s not an elderly person breaking a bone, if someone trips over it, heck, they’ve got a new blooper.

I do wish they’d pep up the Showcases once in a while, though.

cmjb13

« Reply #103 on: September 26, 2023, 08:04:48 AM »

I kinda see what you mean, but I think it’s just the steepness of the audience.

The parody feeling comes across since they moved. The stagnant feeling I have felt for years, which has nothing to do with the studio move
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

urbanpreppie05

« Reply #104 on: September 26, 2023, 10:40:58 AM »

So i have held this back for a LONG time.

WHY do you continue to comment on the show when you know that 1, you are already pre-disposed to dislike most changes to the show, and 2, nothing they do will meet a standard for production that doesnt exist and honestly cant?
insert signature here