The Game Show Forum > Game Show Channels & Networks

GSN Ratings

(1/2) > >>

mmb5:
According to whatever Variety put together, GSN has a higher full day audience than ESPN2, Nickelodeon, and Cartoon Network.  No numbers for BUZZR however.

https://variety.com/2023/tv/news/most-watched-channels-2023-tv-network-ratings-1235850482/

Dbacksfan12:
To piggyback on Mike’s post, some numbers are out that shows Split Second in the top 300 of all of TV at #297 with Blank Slate close behind at #319.  Unless I’m misinterpreting the data, programs lower in viewership include the Harvey Feud reruns, American Dad reruns on Adult Swim, and NHL coverage on ESPN:

https://www.nationalmediaspots.com/stats-us-cable-broadcast-tv-show-rankings.php

Not to take this too far afield from the original topic, but I feel it’s tangentially related to something I was discussing off-Forum with another member:

405,000 viewers seems pretty solid for a show on a cable network these days.  They can’t find one advertiser to pay for a 15 second plug to give the losers a couple hundred bucks each? 

mmb5:
Very interesting data.

Some observations:

-- Have network news shows traditionally beat *everything* non-football in prime time or is this a new trend?
-- Not only was CNN This Morning beat out by Split Second, it was also beat out by a car auction
-- Nobody watches Undisputed

BrandonFG:

--- Quote from: mmb5 on January 23, 2024, 07:59:23 PM ----- Nobody watches Undisputed

--- End quote ---
Can't remember if it's this show or First Take, but anytime Skip Bayless tweeted some nonsense (redundant, I know) folks on Twitter would troll him in the comments about his show being beaten by Paw Patrol.

Joe Mello:

--- Quote from: Dbacksfan12 on January 23, 2024, 01:09:24 AM ---405,000 viewers seems pretty solid for a show on a cable network these days.  They can’t find one advertiser to pay for a 15 second plug to give the losers a couple hundred bucks each?

--- End quote ---
I assume it's not something they're actively pursuing for one reason or another. I don't disagree with you, but there's also something nice about having a daytime game show not being sponsored by a slots app in 2024.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version