Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: GSN Ratings  (Read 4024 times)

mmb5

GSN Ratings
« on: January 02, 2024, 07:54:22 PM »
According to whatever Variety put together, GSN has a higher full day audience than ESPN2, Nickelodeon, and Cartoon Network.  No numbers for BUZZR however.

https://variety.com/2023/tv/news/most-watched-channels-2023-tv-network-ratings-1235850482/
Portions of this post not affecting the outcome have been edited or recreated.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Re: GSN Ratings
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2024, 01:09:24 AM »
To piggyback on Mike’s post, some numbers are out that shows Split Second in the top 300 of all of TV at #297 with Blank Slate close behind at #319.  Unless I’m misinterpreting the data, programs lower in viewership include the Harvey Feud reruns, American Dad reruns on Adult Swim, and NHL coverage on ESPN:

https://www.nationalmediaspots.com/stats-us-cable-broadcast-tv-show-rankings.php

Not to take this too far afield from the original topic, but I feel it’s tangentially related to something I was discussing off-Forum with another member:

405,000 viewers seems pretty solid for a show on a cable network these days.  They can’t find one advertiser to pay for a 15 second plug to give the losers a couple hundred bucks each? 
--Mark
Phil 4:13

mmb5

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2024, 07:59:23 PM »
Very interesting data.

Some observations:

-- Have network news shows traditionally beat *everything* non-football in prime time or is this a new trend?
-- Not only was CNN This Morning beat out by Split Second, it was also beat out by a car auction
-- Nobody watches Undisputed
Portions of this post not affecting the outcome have been edited or recreated.

BrandonFG

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2024, 08:12:52 PM »
Can't remember if it's this show or First Take, but anytime Skip Bayless tweeted some nonsense (redundant, I know) folks on Twitter would troll him in the comments about his show being beaten by Paw Patrol.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2024, 08:36:46 PM »
405,000 viewers seems pretty solid for a show on a cable network these days.  They can’t find one advertiser to pay for a 15 second plug to give the losers a couple hundred bucks each?
I assume it's not something they're actively pursuing for one reason or another. I don't disagree with you, but there's also something nice about having a daytime game show not being sponsored by a slots app in 2024.
This signature is currently under construction.

Strikerz04

• The Money Will be Spent
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2024, 11:46:43 PM »
Very interesting data.

Some observations:

I did... For Shannon