Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: This happened today on 100MD...  (Read 1809 times)

JMFabiano

This happened today on 100MD...
« on: April 06, 2004, 12:45:06 AM »
On today's 100 Mexicanos Dijeron, there was one question in which the first contestant who buzzed in gave the #2 answer, while the second came back with the number one answer.  The latter contestant's family should gain control, right?  Well, in this instance, answers 1 and 2 were actually tied, with 26 (IIRC) people giving each.  The result?  The family who gave the first, number two answer, got the control instead.  

Did something like this ever happen on any of the versions of Family Feud?
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

tommycharles

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2004, 12:57:43 AM »
That seems like extremely shoddy writing to allow that sort of thing to happen. I would have thought the survey would have been thrown out before it hit the studio.

Jay Temple

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2004, 01:16:30 AM »
I'm positive I remember seeing a tie for #1 on Dawson's Feud, and I think it was a case like the one you described.  I don't see anything wrong with it.  It's no different than any other two answers being tied.
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2004, 01:25:27 AM »
[quote name=\'tommycharles\' date=\'Apr 5 2004, 11:57 PM\'] That seems like extremely shoddy writing to allow that sort of thing to happen. I would have thought the survey would have been thrown out before it hit the studio. [/quote]
 No, it's not...and besides, whaddaya mean, "writing?"  It's not like somebody at the production company sat down and made up the answers!

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2004, 01:27:23 AM »
Not quite.

#1 and #2 answers have the same number of responses.

First player gives #1.  Family gets control.

First player gives answer #2.  Second player gets to give an answer, despite having no way to actually beat the given answer.  So they essentially end up giving the first team a free answer.  Given that the whole purpose of going to the second player in a faceoff is to see if he can beat the first player, this, frankly, sucks.
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

HYHYBT

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2004, 01:43:13 AM »
Well, it's different in that the "#2" answer is really a #1 answer so the second person shouldn't get a guess at all.
"If you ask me to repeat this I'm gonna punch you right in the nose" -- Geoff Edwards, Play the Percentages

Ian Wallis

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2004, 09:12:56 AM »
I thought that did happen on Dawson's "Feud" one time, and Dawson announced there was a tie, so the person giving the No.2 answer gained control, and the other family didn't get to guess.

I may be wrong, but I'm sure I saw that happen once.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

zachhoran

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2004, 09:33:33 AM »
[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' date=\'Apr 6 2004, 08:12 AM\'] I thought that did happen on Dawson's "Feud" one time, and Dawson announced there was a tie, so the person giving the No.2 answer gained control, and the other family didn't get to guess.

I may be wrong, but I'm sure I saw that happen once. [/quote]
 Ian is right. When two answers given in a face-off both are worth the same number of points, the person who rang in first gets control of the question(at least on the Dawson and Combs versions)

tommycharles

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2004, 11:55:59 AM »
[quote name=\'Steve Gavazzi\' date=\'Apr 6 2004, 12:25 AM\'] [quote name=\'tommycharles\' date=\'Apr 5 2004, 11:57 PM\'] That seems like extremely shoddy writing to allow that sort of thing to happen. I would have thought the survey would have been thrown out before it hit the studio. [/quote]
No, it's not...and besides, whaddaya mean, "writing?"  It's not like somebody at the production company sat down and made up the answers! [/quote]
 Ok...someone on the production team has discretion over if they use a specific survey question on a specific show...and that person should not have allowed that question to be used if there was a tie for the number one spot.

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2004, 12:28:50 PM »
That's actually a good point.  I never thought of it that way before.

Robert Hutchinson

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2004, 06:37:39 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Apr 6 2004, 08:33 AM\'][quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' date=\'Apr 6 2004, 08:12 AM\'] I thought that did happen on Dawson's "Feud" one time, and Dawson announced there was a tie, so the person giving the No.2 answer gained control, and the other family didn't get to guess.

I may be wrong, but I'm sure I saw that happen once. [/quote]
Ian is right. When two answers given in a face-off both are worth the same number of points, the person who rang in first gets control of the question(at least on the Dawson and Combs versions)[/quote]
Zach is right. The contestant who gets the answer with the higher number of responses in a faceoff wins control for his or her team.

Zach, I beg of you. Yet again. READ what you're replying to.

Then read it AGAIN.
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

JayC

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2004, 09:55:57 PM »
I remember this happening on Anderson Feud, but it was a tie between the 2nd and 3rd answer.  The player who gave the #2 answer got control simply because it was listed as the #2 answer.