The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

“Cool a new game show!” but it’s not a game show

<< < (4/10) > >>

Kevin Prather:

--- Quote from: clemon79 on April 03, 2024, 11:08:34 PM ---
--- Quote from: BrandonFG on April 03, 2024, 10:58:24 PM ---(sigh) “Points.”

--- End quote ---

We need a GIF of Taylor hitting the button now. :)

--- End quote ---

I'll take a GIF of Taylor hitting anything she wants.

TimK2003:
Spring Break trip out to California in the 80s.  Looking for game show tapings to see.

Went to NBC Burbank and saw the list of shows taping while we were there.  Among the shows on the list for one particular day was Super Password, Davidson Squares, and Saved By The Bell (IIRC the first year after changing from "Good Morning Miss Bliss").

Fortunately, we stuck with the tickets to Squares and Password.  It was later when we found out that SBTB was a kids TV sitcom.

Loogaroo:
Not a specific show, but my old newspaper's TV guide would list a "Post Game Show" after a sporting event and I'd wonder excitedly what a "Post Game" was.

Jeremy Nelson:

--- Quote from: Loogaroo on April 04, 2024, 03:19:00 PM ---Not a specific show, but my old newspaper's TV guide would list a "Post Game Show" after a sporting event and I'd wonder excitedly what a "Post Game" was.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: BrandonFG on April 03, 2024, 12:53:22 PM ---Around that same time, WGN had a show called “Bullseye” and I immediately got my hopes up thinking it was the Jim Lange show. Nope. Chicago Bulls highlights.

--- End quote ---
Both of these for me. For several months, 8 year old Jeremy from Chicago thought he was missing out on some elusive Saturday night game show for these stupid Bulls highlights- I legit watched this, and the Bears Post Game Show for a while thinking maybe I'll catch a bonus round. Nope. Didn't help that Instant Riches was often postponed due to these non-game shows.

Mike Tennant:
Going in the other direction, having seen the Pennsylvania Game News in my school library, I recall thinking that when the listings said "Pennsylvania Game," it was a show about hunting--especially since it was on PBS. I was pleasantly surprised when I stumbled across it (discussed here not long ago) while channel-surfing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version