The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

“Cool a new game show!” but it’s not a game show

<< < (8/10) > >>

Mr. Matté:

--- Quote from: BrandonFG on April 25, 2024, 07:43:46 PM ---Same. Felt like a holdover from Chain Reaction.

--- End quote ---

In true Cobert fashion, it's a holdover from Supertrain:

colonial:
I was looking through British TV schedules last night (I do that once in a while to find out, among other things, what game shows air when and where) when I came upon a BBC1 show that will premiere on the night of May 18 called "Rebus." Hmm, I thought -- new show that's premiering on a Saturday evening (where the UK channels tend to air their "big event" shows) and the name alone screams game show. So I clicked on the description and ...

... it's a crime/mystery drama centered around a detective named "John Rebus."  Never mind ...

JD

Jimmy Owen:

--- Quote from: colonial on May 10, 2024, 11:25:23 AM ---I was looking through British TV schedules last night (I do that once in a while to find out, among other things, what game shows air when and where) when I came upon a BBC1 show that will premiere on the night of May 18 called "Rebus." Hmm, I thought -- new show that's premiering on a Saturday evening (where the UK channels tend to air their "big event" shows) and the name alone screams game show. So I clicked on the description and ...

... it's a crime/mystery drama centered around a detective named "John Rebus."  Never mind ...

JD

--- End quote ---
Did they pay homage to Jack Linkletter?

alfonzos:
Going waaaay back: "Hidden Faces" turned out to be a soap opera.

steveleb:
Before I realized that the show I was taking a meeting on to buy 65 episodes of was a hit international soap opera, I thought NEIGHBOURS was a foreign version of the forgettable Regis Philbin game show. Worse yet, the actual episodes from ABC

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version