Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: 50 Greatest...Moments.  (Read 8525 times)

Matt Ottinger

50 Greatest...Moments.
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2006, 11:12:22 AM »
[quote name=\'JakeT\' post=\'125660\' date=\'Jul 30 2006, 04:00 AM\']
[quote name=\'cweaver\' post=\'125598\' date=\'Jul 29 2006, 02:08 AM\']
[Edit: by the way, the classic moment from this episode was when panelist Brenda Vaccaro thought with his smile, he might be a "recruiter for nuns."  (Even funnier when you realize he was a Southern Baptist Sunday school teacher.)
[/quote]
I hope I'm not putting my foot in my mouth but didn't that particular guess come from Dana Vallery rather than Ms. Vaccaro?[/quote]
Except for a very slight misspelling, you are correct.

And now it's time to play Where Are They Now?
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

MrBuddwing

50 Greatest...Moments.
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2006, 11:25:49 AM »
I wish they'd rerun the Larry Blyden "What's My Line?" episodes so I can once again see Maria von Trapp's appearance as "Miss X."

When she came out wearing a traditional Austrian costume, the audience snickered, but when she was identified onscreen as "Baroness Maria von Trapp of 'Sound of Music' Fame," the audience went nuts.

At one point, Arlene Francis asked if von Trapp had broken some record: "Did you fly over the ocean? Did you climb a mountain?" And Larry Blyden shouted with laughter.

uncamark

50 Greatest...Moments.
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2006, 11:54:30 AM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'125671\' date=\'Jul 30 2006, 10:12 AM\']
[quote name=\'JakeT\' post=\'125660\' date=\'Jul 30 2006, 04:00 AM\']
[quote name=\'cweaver\' post=\'125598\' date=\'Jul 29 2006, 02:08 AM\']
[Edit: by the way, the classic moment from this episode was when panelist Brenda Vaccaro thought with his smile, he might be a "recruiter for nuns."  (Even funnier when you realize he was a Southern Baptist Sunday school teacher.)
[/quote]
I hope I'm not putting my foot in my mouth but didn't that particular guess come from Dana Vallery rather than Ms. Vaccaro?[/quote]
Except for a very slight misspelling, you are correct.

And now it's time to play Where Are They Now?
[/quote]

Holy moley.  Well, whatever to stay working.

However, it seems to me that being a Universal Life Church minister's not that much of a unique credit, since you and I can also be a minister if we put down enough money.  Nice that she can officiate at weddings, though--she can conduct the ceremony *and* sing "Oh Promise Me" or "We've Only Just Begun," thereby saving you money.  If she could play the organ, too...  :)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
50 Greatest...Moments.
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2006, 12:07:51 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' post=\'125764\' date=\'Jul 31 2006, 08:54 AM\']
However, it seems to me that being a Universal Life Church minister's not that much of a unique credit, since you and I can also be a minister if we put down enough money.
[/quote]
Money? I'm pretty sure that being ordained through the ULC is absolutely free (as in beer), isn't it? If you want the documents and books and guidelines in hardcopy form, yeah, the Ministry In A Box (what a great name) is $139, but I think you can be legal for free. I keep meaning to do it, since you never know when you might need to be an ordained minister. :) Buddy of mine is ordained by them, in fact, and performed a ceremony over the weekend.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Long live Jeopardy

Re: 50 Greatest...Moments.
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2024, 05:20:42 PM »
1991: Supermarket Sweep - The moment where Jeff wasted 1:40 looking for the three shopping list items and only got a final big sweep total of seven dollars!

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
Re: 50 Greatest...Moments.
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2024, 05:27:45 PM »
I point your attention to rule 7 in the Eligibility Requirements:

7. Bumping Threads

Replying to long-dormant threads is strongly discouraged unless the "bump" provides relevant information that might spark new discussion or give important answers to unanswered questions.

This bump did not provide relevant information that will spark new discussion -- it's just another laundry list item in a thread of laundry list items.

Please stop bumping threads in which the conversation has long since finished.