Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Hollywood Squares with Drew Barrymore coming in 2025  (Read 12281 times)

tvwxman

Re: Hollywood Squares with Drew Barrymore coming in 2025
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2024, 08:39:41 AM »
Since this will likely tape in a short window sometime before thanksgiving there’s always the chance of Daily Show peeps in the mix.  At least for now Paramount does have some other funny people besides the Wayans in their family

is this taping in NYC? I didn't see that .
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2024, 09:35:39 AM »

Both Drew and Nate are based there, so on the one hand it would make sense.  On the other hand, it's not called The New York Squares.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

chad1m

« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2024, 09:55:08 AM »
Both Drew and Nate are based there, so on the one hand it would make sense.  On the other hand, it's not called The New York Squares.
Casting notices have gone out this week specifically seeking people local to Los Angeles.

steveleb

« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2024, 05:53:50 PM »
They will likely shoot their order like pyramid Within one or two short windows.  Likely before the nfl season gets underway.  Strahan was able to get time off from his morning work to shoot it; indeed he could even do some guest shots from the set while they are producing ( no game show shoots at 4 am pacific). Believe me in an era of remotes and airplanes this isn’t a problem

DoItRockapella

« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2024, 08:34:34 PM »
Bumping as we now have taping dates. They'll begin taping on August 16 in Los Angeles, and will pay you $145 to be there for 7.5 hours "plus walk away lunch break".

https://oslaproductions.com/show/649/hollywood-squares

Neumms

« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2024, 04:33:07 AM »
The site says it’s a “casted [sic] audience.” Has anyone been through this? How rigorous are they?

vtown7

« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2024, 05:05:01 AM »
Honest question - have we reached a point where they won’t let “normal” people sit in the audience for some shows?
While Hollywood Squares is an iconic show, it hardly has to be shot behind closed doors so to speak.
I’d almost feel if I was Sony that I’d be more worried about someone leaking info about Ryan’s first few days and/or the new set at Wheel then if Drew Barrymore is the Secret Square…
R.

BillCullen1

« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2024, 07:13:42 AM »
I wonder how many celebs they will get who were on previous versions of HS. 

BrandonFG

« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2024, 10:34:08 AM »
Bumping as we now have taping dates. They'll begin taping on August 16 in Los Angeles, and will pay you $145 to be there for 7.5 hours "plus walk away lunch break".

Wonder if they’re going for the nightclub feel that Hip Hop/Nashville Squares went with?
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

Kevin Prather

« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2024, 12:42:29 PM »
Honest question - have we reached a point where they won’t let “normal” people sit in the audience for some shows?
While Hollywood Squares is an iconic show, it hardly has to be shot behind closed doors so to speak.

Have we seen the set yet? Is it possible the audience will be on camera quite a bit?

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2024, 01:06:05 PM »

I think it's more a function of supply and demand -- there are a lot of television shows shooting in L.A. that use studio audiences and not nearly enough people who want to see all these shows.

While there are exceptions -- top-rated shows that have already been on for years and years -- most TV shows have at least some paid audience members. When I went to see a taping of Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? a couple months ago, there was a short line of people who had volunteered to sit in the audience for no compensation because they just wanted to see the show and a longer line of paid audience members who were there to fill the remainder of the seats.

I'm unfamiliar with OS|LA Productions, but maybe they decided it would be easier to assume that everybody in the audience is going to be paid -- that way they wouldn't need to keep separate tabs on who's there for free and who needs to be checked off for compensation while the audience is leaving at the end of the day. When I wanted to sit in the audience for a Pyramid pilot in 2010, it was actually a struggle to convince the audience company that I wanted to see the show voluntarily, as a fan.

Also, if the show tapes multiple episodes in a day, it's probably easier to wrangle one audience for the entire day rather than process a new group of audience members between tapings.

Stackertosh

« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2024, 10:18:43 AM »

Wonder if they’re going for the nightclub feel that Hip Hop/Nashville Squares went with?

I wonder if they are going to build a new set or redress the hiphop Squares set.

BrandonFG

« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2024, 01:03:08 PM »
Gabriel Iglesias posted a reel that shows off some of the set. Traditional TTD grid, and I’m getting slight “Password” vibes here. Love what I see so far.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C-3voFJSPJI/?igsh=MTc3a2ZoNzN0ZzE3MQ==
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

aaron sica

« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2024, 01:07:40 PM »
Gabriel Iglesias posted a reel that shows off some of the set. Traditional TTD grid, and I’m getting slight “Password” vibes here. Love what I see so far.

Thanks! I knew it was giving off a vibe but couldn't put a finger on it. Password is it.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2024, 02:16:38 PM »
I had to look up Akbar, but when I saw who he was, it was like, "Oh, yeah, that guy."  Recognized all the other names in the seven boxes we could see.  That's not bad.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.