The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

Paul Walter Hauser to star in "Press Your Luck" movie

(1/11) > >>

colonial:
https://variety.com/2024/film/global/paul-walter-hauser-press-your-luck-game-show-walton-goggins-johnny-knoxville-1235996972/

The Emmy and Golden Globe-winning actor will play Michael Larson in a big-screen version of his appearance on the 1980s game show.

I recall Bill Murray trying to put together a PYL movie way back when but nothing came of it.

Per the Protagonist Pictures website, the film has been completed and the company is looking to sell it globally. I know very little about this company, but one of its films, "Summer Camp" with Diane Keaton and Kathy Bates, will be released in U.S. theaters in the end of May.

JD

Joe Mello:
So is the punchline that Johnny Knoxville plays the Whammy?

SamPrainito:
I could see Johnny Knoxville as Peter Tomarken, especially if he plays it as the smarmy game show host stereotype.

Matt Ottinger:

--- Quote from: SamPrainito on May 09, 2024, 10:27:55 AM ---I could see Johnny Knoxville as Peter Tomarken, especially if he plays it as the smarmy game show host stereotype.
--- End quote ---

Joe's line is funny, but yeah, I bet Knoxville is playing the host.

From what I can tell, this sounds like it might be a slightly askew version of the story.  Or maybe even not so slightly.  Be prepared.

Bob Zager:
Boy, I'm surprised that it is happening, after a long, long time first being talked about.  Some things that might be helpful--A much bigger hit prime-time show on ABC-TV, compared to a not-as-popular daytime hit on CBS-TV now approaching it's fortieth anniversary. 

This year marks 30 years since Quiz Show first hit theaters.  I hope it won't be "platformed," like QS was--opening in select cities one week, then more the following, and then nationwide!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version