The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

Paul Walter Hauser to star in "Press Your Luck" movie

<< < (4/11) > >>

BrandonFG:
I honestly wasn't trying to be condescending, so if that is your interpretation I sincerely apologize. My point is that people try to find things to nitpick instead of just enjoying the movie, and I just don't want us to all go down that rabbit hole.

Nick:

--- Quote from: BrandonFG on May 09, 2024, 03:54:35 PM ---I honestly wasn't trying to be condescending, so if that is your interpretation I sincerely apologize. My point is that people try to find things to nitpick instead of just enjoying the movie, and I just don't want us to all go down that rabbit hole.

--- End quote ---

Fair enough.  Apology accepted, and I agree about avoiding the rabbit hole.  Given that a single still is the only visual we have of this so far, I was merely noting a detail I saw.

While I'm not placing my hopes too high for accuracy to the true story, it's intriguing that, after all the years since the idea of this film was floated, it has moved all the way to post-production (as of this writing, anyway).  I'm interested in seeing the final product.

snowpeck:
My whole takeaway here is that this thing got all the way to post-production with nary a peep anywhere about it. That doesn't seem to happen much in this day and age.

tyshaun1:

--- Quote from: snowpeck on May 09, 2024, 04:11:12 PM ---My whole takeaway here is that this thing got all the way to post-production with nary a peep anywhere about it. That doesn't seem to happen much in this day and age.

--- End quote ---
Randy West did mention awhile back that the late Byl Carruthers was working with producers on the Larson story, but yeah, pretty surprising that nothing came out until today, especially since it hasn't found an official distributor.

BrandonFG:
Just looked up the original proposed version with Bill Murray. I have no concept of time anymore, but I didn't realize that was almost 24 years ago.

https://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/story?id=116245&page=1

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version