The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

Paul Walter Hauser to star in "Press Your Luck" movie

<< < (6/11) > >>

SuperMatch93:

--- Quote from: tyshaun1 on May 10, 2024, 10:38:09 AM ---Apparently the cash that was won was split between them for his efforts.

--- End quote ---

So that's interesting; I had read before that the burglary at his house involved $50,000 worth of one-dollar bills. If they split it down the middle, the amount he lost totals basically all of his PYL cash.

Nick:

--- Quote from: SamJ93 on May 10, 2024, 07:05:20 AM ---Ed and Jamie, Larson's opponents, are still alive AFAIK; it would be a neat little nod if they gave them non-speaking cameos at some point.

--- End quote ---

Why can't they have a line?

--- Quote from: tyshaun1 on May 10, 2024, 10:38:09 AM ---Larson DID have a benefactor who financed him getting out to LA so he could audition and later flew out with him to watch him do his thing. If you rewatch the episodes, you will observe him looking back to his left several times, presumably looking for advice on when to stop. Apparently the cash that was won was split between them for his efforts.

--- End quote ---

This is the story that Randy West tells.  My question is what is the source of that information?  Because that's a pretty big piece of the story that I don't remember being mentioned in Big Bucks or anywhere else.

tyshaun1:

--- Quote from: Nick on May 10, 2024, 11:22:26 AM ---
--- Quote from: SamJ93 on May 10, 2024, 07:05:20 AM ---Ed and Jamie, Larson's opponents, are still alive AFAIK; it would be a neat little nod if they gave them non-speaking cameos at some point.

--- End quote ---

Why can't they have a line?

--- Quote from: tyshaun1 on May 10, 2024, 10:38:09 AM ---Larson DID have a benefactor who financed him getting out to LA so he could audition and later flew out with him to watch him do his thing. If you rewatch the episodes, you will observe him looking back to his left several times, presumably looking for advice on when to stop. Apparently the cash that was won was split between them for his efforts.

--- End quote ---

This is the story that Randy West tells.  My question is what is the source of that information?  Because that's a pretty big piece of the story that I don't remember being mentioned in Big Bucks or anywhere else.

--- End quote ---
That came from Byl Carruthers on one of Randy's old posts.

Kevin Prather:

--- Quote from: SuperMatch93 on May 10, 2024, 11:04:25 AM ---
--- Quote from: tyshaun1 on May 10, 2024, 10:38:09 AM ---Apparently the cash that was won was split between them for his efforts.

--- End quote ---

So that's interesting; I had read before that the burglary at his house involved $50,000 worth of one-dollar bills. If they split it down the middle, the amount he lost totals basically all of his PYL cash.

--- End quote ---

Something about that math doesn't math, because I thought part of the story was a real estate investment that went bad as well.

steveleb:
The parallels with Quiz Show may be the best angle to take. The film was released nearly 36 years after the episodes aired.  Redford remembered it well and likely saw the PBS documentary that sparked the idea.  I assume folks associated with this film saw the GSN piece at some point.

You do know filmmakers have the right to take creative liberties, right?  Especially since the only possible way they can come close to making money is to attract people beyond the readers of this website.

Do remember that every single one of you who offers any complaints or gripes about trivial matters, or even the truth, is yelling at clouds and it’s not like if you even boycotted viewing it anyone would miss you.  Indeed, I strongly suspect most of you will still watch one way or the other, whether in a theatre or when it’s sold to a streaming service

Honestly, folks, try to realize that those that actually have made a career in creative pursuits have to reach more than just the Uber core.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version