The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

Paul Walter Hauser to star in "Press Your Luck" movie

<< < (9/11) > >>

snowpeck:

--- Quote from: Nick on May 12, 2024, 06:47:46 PM ---And that is, more or less, the approach from which I made my comment about the nametag font.  If it I didn't couple it with enough he hes or self-deprecating humour to highlight it was something that I happened to notice and remarked about from a, "Yeah, we would be the kind of people to notice such a detail, wouldn't we?" perspective, then I'll remember that the next time I attempt to make a remark in jest.  I think the other comments I have made on the subject at hand in this thread have clearly shown an overall positive attitude towards it and certainly not worthy of the invective I have received.

--- End quote ---

That's the general thing with message boards. It's easy to forget it's just words on a screen with no facial expressions, vocal intonations or inflections, or hand gestures. You have to do other things to make sure the meaning of what you say comes across. (Hmm, could there be a game in that?)

Bob Zager:
I just found out, in People magazine, that Hauser is also cast to play Chris Farley in a movie about the late SNL regular.  If that was mentioned before, sorry to repeat.

tyshaun1:
Sorry for the bump, but we now have an official title for this movie. It is now called "The Luckiest Man In America" (yuck) and is slated to premiere at the Toronto International Film Festival on September 5th. Walton Goggins is playing Peter Tomarken and David Strathairn is Bill Carruthers. Here is the source.

steveleb:
One thing I can tell you with certainty with 40 years in the industry is Walt Goggins is the consummate method actor and also a damn nice person in a world devoid of it.  I’ve had the pleasure of working with him on THE SHIELD and briefly on JUSTIFIED and let me assure you he is as decent and respectful in real life as his characters are vicious and uncaring.  I’m very optimistic about how he will do as Tomarken, who as most of us who actually knew him can attest was an extremely talented but very complicated man.  And if this is the level of casting present in this film, who knows if another Quiz Show might be out there waiting.

SamJ93:
I'm sure that Goggins' performance will be excellent...but I highly doubt the film will delve into much, if any, of Tomarken's back-story or personal demons.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version