Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Paul Walter Hauser to star in "Press Your Luck" movie  (Read 11175 times)

Adam Nedeff

Re: Paul Walter Hauser to star in "Press Your Luck" movie
« Reply #45 on: August 26, 2024, 01:48:18 AM »
I'm sure that Goggins' performance will be excellent...but I highly doubt the film will delve into much, if any, of Tomarken's back-story or personal demons.
Did anybody think it was going to?

SuperMatch93

« Reply #46 on: August 26, 2024, 07:18:44 AM »
I'm sure that Goggins' performance will be excellent...but I highly doubt the film will delve into much, if any, of Tomarken's back-story or personal demons.

I doubt that as well, but I wouldn't be surprised if, for the sake of the film's narrative, Tomarken's portrayed as hostile behind the scenes and the one who aggressively tries to block Larson's payment.
-William https://dekochunterzz.bandcamp.com/
https://www.donorschoose.org/classroom/cpsbermudez
"30 years from now, people won’t care what we’re doing right now." - Bob Barker on The Price is Right, 1983

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2024, 09:10:17 AM »
I doubt that as well, but I wouldn't be surprised if, for the sake of the film's narrative, Tomarken's portrayed as hostile behind the scenes and the one who aggressively tries to block Larson's payment.
Why? He was host. Did he have a producer credit at that point?

I get that Quiz Show isn't a historical documentary but there's no reason to gild the lilly with this.
Travis L. Eberle

SamJ93

« Reply #48 on: August 26, 2024, 12:23:57 PM »
Did anybody think it was going to?

I was responding to Steve's post above me, sorry if it wasn't clear.
It's a well-known fact that Lincoln loved mayonnaise!

Bob Zager

« Reply #49 on: August 26, 2024, 02:08:04 PM »
I could see Johnny Knoxville as Peter Tomarken, especially if he plays it as the smarmy game show host stereotype.
Whereas I saw Walton Goggins as Tomarken, but that might also be because he plays a host so well as Uncle Baby Billy.
I was thinking Goggins as well and maybe Knoxville as Ed, but based on the Variety article it sounds like the film will have a Bill Carruthers character or similar, so maybe Goggins goes there. Who knows?

Now that we know Goggins plays Peter Tomarken, I think Joe may be right that Knoxville will play Ed (the reigning champion).

This wider pic of Hauser shows some signage from what appears to be the audience, anyone able to read what those signs say?

https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/content/v1/56cdc4478259b5c112bb2285/94adb6e8-ca9a-4ef6-9ed2-92b5b5592782/the-luckiest-man-in-america_01.jpg?format=2500w

Any word on a nationwide theater premiere date?

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
« Reply #50 on: August 26, 2024, 02:46:35 PM »
This wider pic of Hauser shows some signage from what appears to be the audience, anyone able to read what those signs say?

Laugh, Applause and (assumedly) Boo.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

tyshaun1

« Reply #51 on: August 26, 2024, 09:24:35 PM »

https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/content/v1/56cdc4478259b5c112bb2285/94adb6e8-ca9a-4ef6-9ed2-92b5b5592782/the-luckiest-man-in-america_01.jpg?format=2500w

Left says "laugh", middle "applause", I assume the right says "boo".