Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Password 2024 2nd season  (Read 2182 times)

whewfan

Password 2024 2nd season
« on: May 29, 2024, 10:50:27 PM »
Having seen some of the new Password episodes, there are some things I am learning about their target audience, which I am obviously not a part of...

Obviously the target audience has severe ADHD if the category for the passwords and clues given have to be repeated by the host ad nauseum. I mean, seriously... do they think the younger generation is THAT stupid?!

The game must be pretty boring to them, because Keke's glasses which she got from Elton John's leftover collection attract more attention and distract from the lull of the game.

I know my rants will mean nothing, but if they are misreading their target audience, I wish they would speak up. 

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Re: Password 2024 2nd season
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2024, 11:12:23 PM »
The lull of the game? What does that mean?

Television is so fractured and competes with so many other ways to spend time that Password is essentially fighting over food scraps at this point. Other than the American Idle finale or Super Bowl, things just aren't a huge draw like they were even ten years ago.
Travis L. Eberle

BrandonFG

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2024, 11:57:48 PM »
Obviously the target audience has severe ADHD if the category for the passwords and clues given have to be repeated by the host ad nauseum. I mean, seriously... do they think the younger generation is THAT stupid?!
Honest answer: yes. But I don’t think it’s so much a stupidity thing as it is we have shorter attention spans. We’re easily distracted from being glued to our phones. Think about the last time someone told you their name, and you forgot it two minutes later, and then you kinda realize why things are repeated so much. I say this as someone who hates that virtually everything is spelled out like we’re five years old.

That said, everything Fremantle is doing with this reboot is terribly wrong IMO, and I have no clue why they think doing it this way is gonna win over GenZ. But here we are.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

whewfan

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2024, 03:57:58 AM »
The lull of the game? What does that mean?

Television is so fractured and competes with so many other ways to spend time that Password is essentially fighting over food scraps at this point. Other than the American Idle finale or Super Bowl, things just aren't a huge draw like they were even ten years ago.

I was trying to be a bit sarcastic when I was talking about the "lull of the game." In other words, they seem to think the game itself is dull, they're doing maybe a little too much to add more excitement or inject some hijinks(sp?) into a game that's fine WITHOUT those things. I also wanted to comment on some of the frames that Keke chooses. In one clip, the frames of the glasses were so sparkly it looked like running lights. To me, very distracting... there's a game going on... I want to play along, not admire your eyewear!

I realize that Bert Convy had silly things going on during Super Password, especially towards the end of the run. I just think Jimmy Fallon sometimes tries too hard. The core of Password is still there, I just wish they had faith in the game. There's no  need for dramatic lighting when a clue giver decides to "shoot the moon."

Clay Zambo

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2024, 08:10:09 AM »
That said, everything Fremantle is doing with this reboot is terribly wrong IMO,

Beg to differ. I think that set is gorgeous—as if somebody took a ‘60s episode to Tiffany and said, “Make us one of these.”
czambo@mac.com

BrandonFG

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2024, 09:17:49 AM »
I concur on the set and theme song being awesome. The execution is what throws me off.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Strikerz04

• The Money Will be Spent
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2024, 02:22:29 PM »
I concur on the set and theme song being awesome. The execution is what throws me off.

This.

Ian Wallis

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2024, 03:30:58 PM »
I saw a couple of second-season episodes but am usually out the night it airs.  I haven't bothered setting the DVR.  I don't think I've missed much...it's a bit over the top.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2024, 08:17:30 PM »
A clever photoshop artist could create a portrait of Allen Ludden wearing some of Keke's kooky eyewear.

whewfan

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2024, 09:40:14 PM »
A clever photoshop artist could create a portrait of Allen Ludden wearing some of Keke's kooky eyewear.

That would be... interesting. I seem to recall reading in Adam Nedeff's book about Allen Ludden that he tried to avoid wearing glasses in his early TV appearances, but I guess he really needed them, or became less self conscious about wearing them. From what I remember you saying about Allen, he liked being on camera, but I don't think he was necessarily trying to flaunt his eyewear. Aside from a few pics. in Adam's book, I never saw Allen without glasses except if he was a guest on What's My Line, the camera might get a glimpse of Allen without glasses as he takes off his blindfold.

steveleb

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2024, 12:05:09 PM »
And yet…the ratings are quite good, and it appears the show will be renewed.

So why all the blather about how “bad” it is?

BrandonFG

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2024, 12:17:46 PM »
Personal opinions on a TV show are a direct correlation to its popularity?

I don’t think it’s a properly-executed show. The ratings are decent enough to keep getting renewed. Two things can be correct.

TimK2003

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2024, 04:05:47 PM »
Personal opinions on a TV show are a direct correlation to its popularity?

I don’t think it’s a properly-executed show. The ratings are decent enough to keep getting renewed. Two things can be correct.

Am I the only one who still thinks the Passwod segments seen during Jimmy's Tonight Show are still above and beyond the primetime shows? 

Despite the late night segmentsbeing more for fun than for $$$, it still seemed to flow better than Keke's version.

steveleb

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2024, 04:13:20 PM »
Everyone is entitled to an opinion. 

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2024, 04:28:36 PM »
That's true--you have certainly been the beneficiary of your own statement around these parts as well.
Travis L. Eberle