The Game Show Forum > Game Show Channels & Networks

Beat the Bridge

<< < (2/3) > >>

BrandonFG:
I skimmed through the preview episode and while it doesn’t have as many of the generic GSN tropes, it still feels like a generic GSN game show if that makes sense.

Cameron is trying too hard and could tone it down a lot. He also seems to be over enunciating his words to make this more dramatic than it needs to be. Reminds me a bit of Dylan in the most recent Chain Reaction reboot.

GSN’s last few shows (Hey Yahoo!, Blank Slate, this) have all been a little half-baked and could use a little more time in the oven. As much as I defend the “they make the same show” narrative, it wouldn’t hurt to deviate from the paint-by-numbers template. I know it’s economical but it’s almost like they’re scared to color outside the lines.

That said, I believe it was Jeremy who said that GSN has created a stable of shows that can play in the background at the doctors office, kinda like HGTV. And for some reason that’s the vibe I got from this show.

TLEberle:

--- Quote from: BrandonFG on June 11, 2024, 07:27:17 PM ---That said, I believe it was Jeremy who said that GSN has created a stable of shows that can play in the background at the doctors office, kinda like HGTV. And for some reason that’s the vibe I got from this show.

--- End quote ---
Almost every show has text displayed on screen so a viewer can follow the action on mute, though would not know what wrong answers were given.

BillCullen1:

--- Quote from: BrandonFG on June 11, 2024, 07:27:17 PM ---GSN’s last few shows (Hey Yahoo!, Blank Slate, this) have all been a little half-baked and could use a little more time in the oven. As much as I defend the “they make the same show” narrative, it wouldn’t hurt to deviate from the paint-by-numbers template. I know it’s economical but it’s almost like they’re scared to color outside the lines.

That said, I believe it was Jeremy who said that GSN has created a stable of shows that can play in the background at the doctors office, kinda like HGTV. And for some reason that’s the vibe I got from this show.

--- End quote ---

This pretty much sums up my feelings. What stands out to me about Beat the Bridge is there is no audience reaction. No applause, laughs, gasps and murmurs. I'll tune in from time to time.

Matt Ottinger:
It's like Reg Grundy flew to England, watched Bridge of Lies, made notes, flew home, lost the notes, and had to reconstruct it from memory.

Clay Zambo:
I will say this for it (having seen only the episode GSN released on YouTube): it moves at a much brighter pace than the UK version.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version