Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Donated to the Strong Museum  (Read 2676 times)

Mr. Matté

Re: Donated to the Strong Museum
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2024, 05:37:29 PM »
One point of clarification: The article says that the Plinko sign was used from 1998 to 2022. Is this referring to the plexiglass top of the game board or the "Plinko Sign" on the turntable with the slats and flipped around to $25/$50,000?

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2024, 05:44:47 PM »
One point of clarification: The article says that the Plinko sign was used from 1998 to 2022. Is this referring to the plexiglass top of the game board or the "Plinko Sign" on the turntable with the slats and flipped around to $25/$50,000?

According to their online collection, the turntable sign.

https://onlinecollection.museumofplay.org/ArgusNet/Portal/Public.aspx?lang=en-US&_gl=1
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

vtown7

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2024, 08:53:55 PM »

According to their online collection, the turntable sign.

https://onlinecollection.museumofplay.org/ArgusNet/Portal/Public.aspx?lang=en-US&_gl=1

TIL that you can search the collections - neat!  Thanks for posting this.
R.

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2024, 11:10:01 PM »
TIL that you can search the collections - neat!  Thanks for posting this.

Indeed.  It feels a bit weird to look at some of their smaller items and saying... "huh, I got one of those."
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2024, 11:17:27 AM »
I'm very excited to see all of this on display, doubly so for the $ale lectern. Really thankful that people had the foresight to preserve so many of these props.

That show just set and shot the game at a different angle, which highlighted the depth of it.

Thanks for confirming what I suspected

But did you suspect? Cause...

If memory serves, the Davidson version used an even bigger version of the prop.

You're allowed to be wrong. It's okay to be wrong sometimes.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

Nick

« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2024, 09:25:42 PM »
But did you suspect?

Yes, I did. I wasn't going to get into the part where I dug up some screencaps before making that post, but I couldn't find the same angle in both sets, so I prefaced with, "If memory serves..." going on what I remembered reading years ago, but in this case, it did not serve.
It was a golden age of daytime network television... Game Shows... Hosted by people who actually knew that the game was the star... And I wish it was still that way - both that game shows were on all morning and that they were hosted by actual game show hosts. - Bob Purse, Inches Per Second

bwood

« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2024, 09:54:45 PM »
TNPIR 94 used a repurposed Double Prices prop for the Magic # reveal on a few occasions and I have the art card that they put in the middle of the 2 prices that they superimposed the Magic # Eggcrate readout on. It's a card stock piece with the TNPIR 94 logo on it. I acquired it somehow years and years ago and never knew what it was used for until seeing a video on YouTube one day because most of the time the number was over top of it and you never saw the logo, only in certain shots.