Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game Show Pilot Cards from eBay  (Read 565 times)

PPatters

Game Show Pilot Cards from eBay
« on: June 21, 2024, 06:32:25 PM »
I recently purchased some game show pilot host cards off eBay. Most are mundane and have nothing on the backs; some are more interesting and do have information on the backs. For anyone who cares, I've setup a Google Drive folder with what I purchased. Here are the most interesting tidbits:
  • There was a What's My Line? pilot filmed with the Osbournes (Sharon and the gang) as the regular panelists.
  • Fremantle considered digging up a very old format in the form of Split Personality.
  • Many of us already know this, but they tried to revive Trebek's Double Dare as The Spoilers
Patrick

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Re: Game Show Pilot Cards from eBay
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2024, 06:41:25 PM »
I did not know that Double Dare was on the list as it were. That's nice to hear.
Travis L. Eberle

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2024, 07:33:40 PM »
Thanks for sharing.  Those are neat!
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

BrandonFG

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2024, 07:50:17 PM »
It’s a few I didn’t know were being considered for pilots so that’s really cool. Thank for sharing!

Is this the same WML? that Harry Anderson of “Night Court” hosted? I don’t remember if that was before or after “The Osbournes” became a thing.

EDIT: spelling.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2024, 09:39:39 PM by BrandonFG »
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

PPatters

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2024, 08:05:03 PM »
It’s a few I didn’t know were being considered for pilots so that’s really cool. Thank for sharing!

Is this the same WML? that Harry Anderson of “Night Court” hosted? I don’t remember if that was before or after “The Osbornes” became a thing.

I think this was likely after that pilot — I think that pilot was from 2001 or so. I also think we’ve seen a segment from that pilot.
Patrick

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2024, 08:15:52 PM »

Is this the same WML? that Harry Anderson of “Night Court” hosted? I don’t remember if that was before or after “The Osbornes” became a thing.

I think this was likely after that pilot — I think that pilot was from 2001 or so. I also think we’ve seen a segment from that pilot.

Definitely after.  The Harry Anderson pilot was shot even before The Osbournes as a reality show was a thing.

The Osbournes attempted to make a TV comeback of sorts with Osbournes Reloaded in 2009.  You may or may not recall that did not go well.  Only a single episode aired, and even that was edited from an hour down to 30 minutes.  According to newspaper reports, one of the segments they were planning to do was essentially a WML? Mystery Guest round.  Feels like any effort to make a full-blown WML? revival with them would have been right around that time.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.