Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Heatter-Quigley and Wacky Races  (Read 585 times)

MikeK

• Martha!
Heatter-Quigley and Wacky Races
« on: June 29, 2024, 01:39:32 PM »
I'm watching MeTV Toons.  (Worth every penny via Frndly.)  Heatter-Quigley shared credit with Hanna-Barbera on Wacky Races.  Was it ever determined what H-Q's role with Wacky Races was?  Was there meant to be a game/wagering aspect to the show, but it got scrapped before the show made it to air?

Matt Ottinger

Re: Heatter-Quigley and Wacky Races
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2024, 02:35:50 PM »
I'm watching MeTV Toons.  (Worth every penny via Frndly.)  Heatter-Quigley shared credit with Hanna-Barbera on Wacky Races.  Was it ever determined what H-Q's role with Wacky Races was?  Was there meant to be a game/wagering aspect to the show, but it got scrapped before the show made it to air?

That's always been the general consensus, that kids in a TV studio would bet on the outcome of the races.  I don't know whether we ever had any first-hand evidential proof of that concept however.  It's reported as "fact" on a lot of fan sites.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2024, 03:03:34 PM »
Great minds think alike.
Here’s an old thread where a little more information was provided:

https://www.gameshowforum.org/index.php/topic,13434.0.html
--Mark
Phil 4:13

steveleb

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2024, 10:41:02 PM »
All I know is having met three of the principals involved I would love to have been the wine steward the night at least Joe and Merrill celebrated this collaboration.  Both had amazing taste and a love to tell stories.  And remember Paul Winchell worked for both companies.

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2024, 04:48:19 PM »
H-Q was a Filmways company but H-B was not AFAIK. I was thinking there might have been a Filmways connection.