The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

Accidentally aired pilots

(1/6) > >>

Ian Wallis:
We all know the story of the 1990 pilot of To Tell the Truth airing to the east coast.  There's also the Caesar's Challenge pilot which may or may not have aired.  I've got another one:  All-Star Secrets.

My local Canadian TVGuides have been in boxes in my parents' basement for over 40 years.  Finally, for the first time in 40 years I've had the time to start going thru some of them again.  I had a habit for a while of writing little notes beside the actual listings themselves if something was off.

In looking at the All-Star Secrets listing for Jan 29, 1979, I wrote:  Robert Reed, Dody Goodman, Arthur Godfrey, Lee Meriwether and Charles Nelson Reilly.  I also wrote a quick note about a secret for Charles involving bells.  In looking at online episode guides, this listing is from the pilot. 

When I originally wrote that I had no access to pilot information, so I can only conclude that NBC must have aired one of the pilots that day - at least to the East Coast.

Thought it might be of interest.

Jimmy Owen:
Several Lange NTT pilots aired, as I recall, but it might have just been Sandy Frank trying not to waste product.

SamJ93:
The Where In The World Is Carmen Sandiego? pilot aired sometime during its first season, but it wasn't accidental--I remember a disclaimer running beforehand saying something to the effect of "today's episode of Carmen is a little different!"

Blanquepage:
After the disastrous live premiere of Throut & Neck, GSN aired the pilot during the 2nd airing. A deliberate airing I'm sure, but the consequence of a bunch of technical accidents that didn't need to be re-aired  ;D

Steve_Bier:
I believe the pilot of the Mike Richards-hosted Pyramid also aired. It was the only episode to use the 1982 theme song. IIRC, Yvette Nicole Brown was one of the celebrities.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version