The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

Accidentally aired pilots

<< < (6/6)

Adam Nedeff:

--- Quote from: Ian Wallis on July 05, 2024, 02:51:33 PM ---
--- Quote from: carlisle96 on July 04, 2024, 04:19:06 PM ---What is the story behind the TTTT pilot? Did the tape get thrown in with the rest of the tapes meant for air or is there something a bit sexier?

--- End quote ---

All I know is the pilot was accidentally aired on the East Coast feed.  By the time it got to the West Coast, the correct episode was aired.

--- End quote ---
Just an accident and nothing more. One coda to this--Richard Kline found out the pilot was airing because his mother called him to say "I thought you didn't get that job..." The next day, Mark Goodson sent him a fruit basket and a check for $10,000; I don't think he was in any way obligated, but Goodson basically gave Kline a week's salary for hosting the show because that pilot aired.

Jamey Greek:
When Prime Video briefly had SIR86.  One of the episodes was the pilot.

rebelwrest:

--- Quote from: Adam Nedeff on July 11, 2024, 05:37:15 PM ---
--- Quote from: Ian Wallis on July 05, 2024, 02:51:33 PM ---
--- Quote from: carlisle96 on July 04, 2024, 04:19:06 PM ---What is the story behind the TTTT pilot? Did the tape get thrown in with the rest of the tapes meant for air or is there something a bit sexier?

--- End quote ---

All I know is the pilot was accidentally aired on the East Coast feed.  By the time it got to the West Coast, the correct episode was aired.

--- End quote ---
Just an accident and nothing more. One coda to this--Richard Kline found out the pilot was airing because his mother called him to say "I thought you didn't get that job..." The next day, Mark Goodson sent him a fruit basket and a check for $10,000; I don't think he was in any way obligated, but Goodson basically gave Kline a week's salary for hosting the show because that pilot aired.

--- End quote ---

Even though it was an accident, it probably created an obligation to Richard Kline.  I bet in the contract to host the pilot, there was language that specifically said this was NOT FOR BROADCAST, so this would be a breach of contract. Even if Richard would not consider going for payment, I think his agent would have.  Mark Goodson was smart enough to realize this and sent a check for $10,000 to hold off any future lawsuit(s).

JasonA1:

--- Quote from: Jamey Greek on July 11, 2024, 09:48:53 PM ---When Prime Video briefly had SIR86.  One of the episodes was the pilot.

--- End quote ---

I think that was yet another case of a show burying its early-taped episodes during the airing cycle. That episode still had 2 couples, but some differences in how they played. There were photos in Broadcasting & Cable of Joe hosting with 3 couples, as in the UK, which would strike me as more pilot-like.

-Jason

Allstar87:

--- Quote from: JasonA1 on July 11, 2024, 11:19:43 PM ---
--- Quote from: Jamey Greek on July 11, 2024, 09:48:53 PM ---When Prime Video briefly had SIR86.  One of the episodes was the pilot.

--- End quote ---

I think that was yet another case of a show burying its early-taped episodes during the airing cycle.

--- End quote ---

Supporting that theory, the couple that won the game on that episode just so happened to be one of the couples on the debut.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version