Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TPiR: Would You Rather…  (Read 135 times)

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
TPiR: Would You Rather…
« on: Today at 02:56:01 PM »
If you could control things…

Would you rather be called down as the last contestant, or come back another day and hope to get called again?

If you knew the price of something, but the next pricing game was undesirable, or would you forego the chance to go on stage in the hopes of something better?
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Brian44

Re: TPiR: Would You Rather…
« Reply #1 on: Today at 03:11:56 PM »
Something to keep in my mind: They no longer use the slate that listed the pricing games in order played on the show. That significantly changes the contestants' strategies for those "in the know."

In the old days, yeah, it would kinda suck if you were called last and you knew the last pricing game was something like Credit Card or Take Two. But nowadays, even if they've already played a car game and a grocery/SP game in the second half, they could still play a quickie game like Range Game or Safe Crackers for a car.
« Last Edit: Today at 05:20:29 PM by Brian44 »

Clay Zambo

« Reply #2 on: Today at 03:29:36 PM »
Would you rather be called down as the last contestant, or come back another day and hope to get called again?

You’re kidding, right?

Called down vs *maybe* be called down?

If you’re that concerned about an “undesirable” prize, let the rangefinder hit the top of the scale or bid $650 on a $20 flashlight in Cliffhangers. You’re still gonna spin for a grand (or 25) and possibly get to the showcase.

You take the call-down every time, is what I’m saying. You figure out what to do with the catamaran or the trampoline later.
czambo@mac.com

Mr. Brown

« Reply #3 on: Today at 03:35:18 PM »
You play to win. You don’t play just to play it. You can always redeem winning a lousy prize package for cash on the wheel and the showcase. I never considered deliberately throwing my one bid either time I’ve been on the show just because I knew there was no chance at winning a car or a boatload of cash in the potential pricing game to be played.
Cheers,
Mr. Brown, Esq.
‎"I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available because if you try it, you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body." -Charlie Sheen

Brian44

« Reply #4 on: Today at 04:10:51 PM »
Basically, yeah what the other guys said.

Plus, nowadays, instead of consolation prizes, the CNAOS receive $300 cash, which should pay for (much of) your plane ticket or hotel stay.

Brian44

« Reply #5 on: Today at 04:16:28 PM »

If you’re that concerned about an “undesirable” prize, let the rangefinder hit the top of the scale or bid $650 on a $20 flashlight in Cliffhangers. You’re still gonna spin for a grand (or 25) and possibly get to the showcase.

You can also forfeit any and all prizes, which would be a more civil, less potentially embarrassing way to say thanks but no thanks.  :D

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #6 on: Today at 04:32:08 PM »
You take the call-down every time, is what I’m saying. You figure out what to do with the catamaran or the trampoline later.
I think the question boils down to "do I care about what I win or the game I play" or "do I want to be a part of the longest running game show in American history and have a memory I can share with loads of people and remember forever?"

Would I rather not play Double Prices for a bedroom set or outdoor barbecue? Sure, but the game's the thing, and ostensibly if I'm picked it is because the production team thinks I would be additive to their production.

This says nothing of coming back to see the show whether or not I'm eligible and just for fun. If I get one chance to bid and say hello to Drew then so be it, it wasn't meant to be anything more.
Travis L. Eberle

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #7 on: Today at 04:48:21 PM »
You’re kidding, right?

Called down vs *maybe* be called down?

It was intended to be two separate questions, not a two-parter.

Would you rather have just one chance at getting on stage?  Or come back another day and maybe have five or six shots to get on stage.

Something to keep in my mind: They no longer use the slate that listed the pricing games in order played on the show. That significantly changes the contestants' strategies for those "in the know.'
I'll admit I didn't know this was gone.  Which basically diffuses the second question.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

BrandonFG

« Reply #8 on: Today at 05:08:44 PM »
To answer the second question, I’m taking my $500 bonus for knowing the IUFB, and hoping like hell for a great SCSD spin. Even with something like a hot tub that I have no use for, it’s a cool story to tell the kids.

And because it’s my hypothetical I win $26K on the Big Wheel and a DSW. :P
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!