The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

Recycled Game-Show Sets

<< < (3/6) > >>

steveleb:
It was indeed a new set.  Notice the $100,000 sign was not backlit and did not flash. 

KrisW73:

--- Quote from: chris319 on July 02, 2024, 04:34:55 PM ---Is anyone aware of game show sets that were kept/stored after a show was cancelled on the possibility that the show might go back into production?

--- End quote ---

I believe the Dawson FF was in storage but CBS couldn't use it for Combs as it had been stored outside and became warped.

Chief-O:
I've been wondering about the 1993 "Scrabble" and the giant cube; given the (reportedly) hefty cost of its construction, I can only assume they reused the 80s cube and just refreshed it for the newer series.

Adam Nedeff:

--- Quote from: KrisW73 on July 03, 2024, 11:09:54 AM ---
--- Quote from: chris319 on July 02, 2024, 04:34:55 PM ---Is anyone aware of game show sets that were kept/stored after a show was cancelled on the possibility that the show might go back into production?

--- End quote ---

I believe the Dawson FF was in storage but CBS couldn't use it for Combs as it had been stored outside and became warped.

--- End quote ---
The faceoff podium was the same one, believe it or not; they just refurbished the crap out of it with new colors and new lights.

Neumms:
Does anyone know if the ABC sets for the Newlywed and Dating Games were kept and used for the syndicated revivals? They looked the same, which is to say, worn and dated.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version