The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

Recycled Game-Show Sets

<< < (5/6) > >>

alfonzos:

--- Quote ---Jack Narz Concentration reused many set pieces and the game board from New York.
--- End quote ---

It is my understanding that the entire game board and price racks were shipped from New York to Los Angeles. The machinery in each trilon was replaced which is why they rotate faster than in the original series. The original control panel was used but it became unreliable with age which is why the director cuts away from the game board after non-match.

BrandonFG:
IIRC the Feud commercial set was used as a display in the Chicago or NYC Old Navy stores. I was in New York in spring/summer of ‘03 and wanna say I remember seeing the display.

chris319:

--- Quote from: alfonzos on July 06, 2024, 09:42:58 AM ---
--- Quote ---Jack Narz Concentration reused many set pieces and the game board from New York.
--- End quote ---

It is my understanding that the entire game board and price racks were shipped from New York to Los Angeles. The machinery in each trilon was replaced which is why they rotate faster than in the original series. The original control panel was used but it became unreliable with age which is why the director cuts away from the game board after non-match.

--- End quote ---

A completely new controller was built per Ev Penn.

gsfan85:
A couple to add to the mix here:

Food Network had two 1-season game shows.  First "Pressure Cooker."  A year later, a show called "Taste Test" used an updated set.

Sports Geniuses on FOX Sports used the same podiums as Vs. on Comedy Central.

KrisW73:

--- Quote from: chris319 on July 04, 2024, 02:59:32 PM ---The FF set had warped in places but they used it anyway when it moved to CBS just as Ray Combs was coming in.

--- End quote ---

Good to know - thanks for the update! I will note that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version