The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

Recycled Game-Show Sets

<< < (6/6)

Jeremy Nelson:

--- Quote from: aaron sica on July 02, 2024, 10:13:24 PM ---I’ve always wondered about this…was the set for Davidson Pyramid rebuilt? The trilons and the flashing $100,000 sign look slightly different.

--- End quote ---
You're right on both accounts. The Davidson version looks like it used a bolded version of the $100,000 sign font.

The big tell for me was the Winner's Circle board. For the '82 revival, they kept the same design language of previous versions- the blue space below the bottom row of trilons is still large enough to house a fourth row. This wasn't the case on the Davidson version.

aaron sica:

--- Quote from: Jeremy Nelson on July 09, 2024, 12:21:05 PM ---The big tell for me was the Winner's Circle board. For the '82 revival, they kept the same design language of previous versions- the blue space below the bottom row of trilons is still large enough to house a fourth row. This wasn't the case on the Davidson version.

--- End quote ---

Wow - all these years and I never noticed that. You are correct!

steveleb:
Tim, that was exactly when and where that repurposing of the TNG set was pointed out to me.  I sat through several tape days of that effort.  Forgive me if the years eroded my attention to detail...

clemon79:

--- Quote from: aaron sica on July 09, 2024, 12:55:13 PM ---Wow - all these years and I never noticed that. You are correct!

--- End quote ---

Something never looked quite right about the Davidson set. This must have been it.

KrisW73:

--- Quote from: clemon79 on July 10, 2024, 03:19:14 PM ---
--- Quote from: aaron sica on July 09, 2024, 12:55:13 PM ---Wow - all these years and I never noticed that. You are correct!

--- End quote ---

Something never looked quite right about the Davidson set. This must have been it.

--- End quote ---

I noticed at least one star moving their heads trying to read the $100 trilon as it appeared to line up right with the receiver's head.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version