The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

Recycled Game-Show Sets

<< < (2/6) > >>

clemon79:

--- Quote from: SuperMatch93 on July 02, 2024, 04:50:20 PM ---Not the whole set, but the Ferranti-Packard board from Dawson Feud was put into storage and re-used when the show started back up a few years later.

--- End quote ---

Do we have a source for this? The board ran a LOT faster on the rebooted show; obviously the controller was updated, but I'd be surprised if the same electronics in the gameboard were handling that performance jump.

BrandonFG:
The story I recall was it was the same board with new guts, if that makes sense. I’m not very tech-savvy so I’m not sure how that would work. I wanna say Randy West told that story on his Facebook.

EDIT: guts not guys. Typing too fast after a nap.

Casey:
I feel like we had a discussion a while back about the Family Feud board where the original computer from Dawson's era was replaced mid run (it runs a bit faster in the later years most noticeably covering up and revealing the first person's answers).  The Ray Combs' pilot seems like it was the same as the later Dawson years, but the series was much faster. 

Are we sure the whole (or most) of the Family Feud set wasn't "remodeled" for Dawson's run?  If you look at some of the light bulbs where they aren't perfectly even (noticeable around the score readouts), they seem to be exactly the same (both not perfectly even in the same way) - with the only noticeable difference to me is an additional row of lights along the bottom of the trilon, and they are synchronized much better on Combs' version.

Adam Nedeff:
The Ray Combs Fast Money board was an updated version of the original board. The National Archives of Game Show History now has the Ray Combs board and Corey Cooper came to the museum to get it back up and running. In his Facebook post about it, Corey referred to Dawson's Fast Money board as "the older brother" of the one we have.

aaron sica:
I’ve always wondered about this…was the set for Davidson Pyramid rebuilt? The trilons and the flashing $100,000 sign look slightly different.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version