Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: BUZZR on Comcast in Seattle?  (Read 814 times)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
BUZZR on Comcast in Seattle?
« on: July 03, 2024, 02:45:12 PM »
I hate these local questions because I know the audience for them is minimal, but Imma throw it out there anyhow.

Few weeks ago I was at the Northwest Pinball and Arcade Show in Tacoma, and I was wearing one of my Joker's Wild Devil shirts, and the lady at the door checking wristbands recognized it and we got to talking, and she mentioned that she watched Buzzr on the regular on TV, through Comcast.

Now, older lady, it's entirely possible she was a little confused and actually has Dish, and Buzzr's page doesn't suggest any local affiliates (but it's also possible that list hasn't been updated in a while), but I ask since my cable tuner isn't a standard Comcast box and so I don't automatically get new channels popping up - did Buzzr show up on Comcast in Seattle and I don't know about it?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

aaron sica

Re: BUZZR on Comcast in Seattle?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2024, 04:31:53 PM »
This simple web site will let you know the channel lineup for any area that Comcast serves. Assuming all of Seattle/Tacoma uses the same headend, Buzzr is NOT listed. If you put in just the city and state and pick an address, you can see a lineup. No exact address needed.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/local-channel-lineup
« Last Edit: July 03, 2024, 07:58:39 PM by aaron sica »

chargeradiocom

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2024, 06:24:04 PM »
Comcast has been rolling out new boxes with integrated Xumo to some customers. I’m not in a Comcast market, so I haven’t seen it in action. But I’m guessing she may have one of those new boxes and is legit watching it “on Comcast” that way, even though BUZZR isn’t officially in the channel lineup.

trainman

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2024, 01:25:17 AM »
...Buzzr's page doesn't suggest any local affiliates...

Wikipedia claims it's available OTA on 13.4 (believable, since Buzzr does have a carriage agreement with the Fox O&O stations).
trainman is a man of trains

tyshaun1

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2024, 07:56:19 AM »
Not Seattle, but here in Tampa, Charter/Spectrum started carrying Buzzr on its channel lineup about a year and a half ago. Just checked their website, it's still not listed on there (Channel 603, BTW).

daveromanjr

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2024, 10:28:11 AM »
Comcast has been rolling out new boxes with integrated Xumo to some customers. I’m not in a Comcast market, so I haven’t seen it in action. But I’m guessing she may have one of those new boxes and is legit watching it “on Comcast” that way, even though BUZZR isn’t officially in the channel lineup.
The Comcast X1 platform has included Pluto for several years now, she may have also seen it on there.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2024, 12:28:24 PM »
The Comcast X1 platform has included Pluto for several years now, she may have also seen it on there.

Oh, I bet one of these is the answer. Would make a lot of sense. Thanks!
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe