The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

TPiR: Would You Rather…

(1/7) > >>

Dbacksfan12:
If you could control things…

Would you rather be called down as the last contestant, or come back another day and hope to get called again?

If you knew the price of something, but the next pricing game was undesirable, or would you forego the chance to go on stage in the hopes of something better?

Brian44:
Something to keep in my mind: They no longer use the slate that listed the pricing games in order played on the show. That significantly changes the contestants' strategies for those "in the know."

In the old days, yeah, it would kinda suck if you were called last and you knew the last pricing game was something like Credit Card or Take Two. But nowadays, even if they've already played a car game and a grocery/SP game in the second half, they could still play a quickie game like Range Game or Safe Crackers for a car.

Clay Zambo:

--- Quote from: Dbacksfan12 on July 07, 2024, 02:56:01 PM ---Would you rather be called down as the last contestant, or come back another day and hope to get called again?

--- End quote ---

You’re kidding, right?

Called down vs *maybe* be called down?

If you’re that concerned about an “undesirable” prize, let the rangefinder hit the top of the scale or bid $650 on a $20 flashlight in Cliffhangers. You’re still gonna spin for a grand (or 25) and possibly get to the showcase.

You take the call-down every time, is what I’m saying. You figure out what to do with the catamaran or the trampoline later.

Mr. Brown:
You play to win. You don’t play just to play it. You can always redeem winning a lousy prize package for cash on the wheel and the showcase. I never considered deliberately throwing my one bid either time I’ve been on the show just because I knew there was no chance at winning a car or a boatload of cash in the potential pricing game to be played.

Brian44:
Basically, yeah what the other guys said.

Plus, nowadays, instead of consolation prizes, the CNAOS receive $300 cash, which should pay for (much of) your plane ticket or hotel stay.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version