The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

TPiR: Would You Rather…

<< < (4/7) > >>

Kevin Prather:
Something to factor in to the equation is that Price changed their rules to allow players to come back after ten years. So if you get called down last, that's not necessarily your only bite at the apple.

cmjb13:

--- Quote from: Kevin Prather on July 08, 2024, 12:32:39 PM ---Something to factor in to the equation is that Price changed their rules to allow players to come back after ten years. So if you get called down last, that's not necessarily your only bite at the apple.

--- End quote ---
And the only reason why they instituted this rule in the first place was because of the fear (real or imagined) that audiences would be smaller when Drew took over.

I’m surprised the rule is still in place, but I guess there was no going back

Kevin Prather:

--- Quote from: cmjb13 on July 08, 2024, 01:05:28 PM ---I’m surprised the rule is still in place, but I guess there was no going back

--- End quote ---

Honestly I think it's a good idea and wish more game shows would adopt the practice. They still have discretion on who they pick, after all.

JasonA1:
Personally, I'm OK with return contestants coming back to a show in their own pool -- i.e. what Jeopardy! has done with tournaments, and if Price did an alumni day. But it would really take the wind out of my sails to think I didn't get on stage because somebody who was already on just 10 years ago with Drew got to do it all over again. I could also see some producers deciding to bet on a sure thing (i.e. someone who's already been on the show) vs. an unknown, if all things are equal.

-Jason

BrandonFG:

--- Quote from: Kevin Prather on July 08, 2024, 01:48:30 PM ---
--- Quote from: cmjb13 on July 08, 2024, 01:05:28 PM ---I’m surprised the rule is still in place, but I guess there was no going back

--- End quote ---

Honestly I think it's a good idea and wish more game shows would adopt the practice. They still have discretion on who they pick, after all.

--- End quote ---
One cool thing about the new PYL is that Tomarken-era contestants have returned for the current version. I love "Where are they now?"-type interviews, so this is always fun IMO.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version