The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

TPiR: Would You Rather…

<< < (2/7) > >>

Brian44:

--- Quote from: Clay Zambo on July 07, 2024, 03:29:36 PM ---
If you’re that concerned about an “undesirable” prize, let the rangefinder hit the top of the scale or bid $650 on a $20 flashlight in Cliffhangers. You’re still gonna spin for a grand (or 25) and possibly get to the showcase.

--- End quote ---

You can also forfeit any and all prizes, which would be a more civil, less potentially embarrassing way to say thanks but no thanks.  :D

TLEberle:

--- Quote from: Clay Zambo on July 07, 2024, 03:29:36 PM ---You take the call-down every time, is what I’m saying. You figure out what to do with the catamaran or the trampoline later.
--- End quote ---
I think the question boils down to "do I care about what I win or the game I play" or "do I want to be a part of the longest running game show in American history and have a memory I can share with loads of people and remember forever?"

Would I rather not play Double Prices for a bedroom set or outdoor barbecue? Sure, but the game's the thing, and ostensibly if I'm picked it is because the production team thinks I would be additive to their production.

This says nothing of coming back to see the show whether or not I'm eligible and just for fun. If I get one chance to bid and say hello to Drew then so be it, it wasn't meant to be anything more.

Dbacksfan12:

--- Quote from: Clay Zambo on July 07, 2024, 03:29:36 PM ---You’re kidding, right?

Called down vs *maybe* be called down?

If you’re that concerned about an “undesirable” prize, let the rangefinder hit the top of the scale or bid $650 on a $20 flashlight in Cliffhangers. You’re still gonna spin for a grand (or 25) and possibly get to the showcase.

You take the call-down every time, is what I’m saying. You figure out what to do with the catamaran or the trampoline later.

--- End quote ---
It was intended to be two separate questions, not a two-parter.

Would you rather have just one chance at getting on stage?  Or come back another day and maybe have five or six shots to get on stage.

--- Quote ---Something to keep in my mind: They no longer use the slate that listed the pricing games in order played on the show. That significantly changes the contestants' strategies for those "in the know.'
--- End quote ---
I'll admit I didn't know this was gone.  Which basically diffuses the second question.

BrandonFG:
To answer the second question, I’m taking my $500 bonus for knowing the IUFB, and hoping like hell for a great SCSD spin. Even with something like a hot tub that I have no use for, it’s a cool story to tell the kids.

And because it’s my hypothetical I win $26K on the Big Wheel and a DSW. :P

Mr. Matté:
This sounds like the situation on Classic Concentration where some guy blew the bonus game so that he could attempt to win more prizes in the main game (but lost the next game)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version