The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

Pat Sajak found something to do during retirement....

(1/2) > >>

aaron sica:
.....stay with the primetime celebrity version of Wheel.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/pat-sajak-returning-celebrity-wheel-of-fortune-fall-2024-1235945109/

DoItRockapella:
Beat me to posting this. Premieres October 7, and AFAIK will run only on weeks Monday Night Football is not on ABC.

If I have it right, primetime Celebrity Jeopardy is being held until midseason, with no clear word on who is hosting.

Hastin:
I see this more as a transitory thing. Pat will barely be out of the role (due to reruns) starting this fall, and I don't think ABC wants to mess with something that is currently working good enough from a ratings perspective. Once Ryan gets his footing in the syndicated show, I could see him taking over the Celebrity version as well.

Nick:

--- Quote from: DoItRockapella on July 10, 2024, 01:51:47 PM ---If I have it right, primetime Celebrity Jeopardy is being held until midseason, with no clear word on who is hosting.

--- End quote ---

Well, if the newest videos on their YouTube channel are any indication, only Ken appears now in the "click to subscribe" tag at the end...

--- Quote from: Hastin on July 10, 2024, 02:11:13 PM ---I see this more as a transitory thing. Pat will barely be out of the role (due to reruns) starting this fall, and I don't think ABC wants to mess with something that is currently working good enough from a ratings perspective. Once Ryan gets his footing in the syndicated show, I could see him taking over the Celebrity version as well.

--- End quote ---

If it was somebody other than Ryan Seacrest taking over the MC role, not messing with a working formula is something I could see; but it's Ryan Seacrest.  What can't he host, and who wouldn't watch him?

/Pat Sajak 1989: "I'm leaving the network show but not the syndicated show."
//Pat Sajak 2024: "I'm leaving the syndicated show but not the network show."

Jimmy Owen:
Ryan will be busy with American Idol on ABC primetime

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version