The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

Same show, different open

(1/2) > >>

MikeK:
Talking last night with someone who will be on The 1% Club, I discovered that the FOX airing of The 1% Club has a different open than the same episode on Amazon Prime.  Is this unique to just this show airing on both linear TV and streaming?

I'm not talking about shows which had different opening sequences during its season/run, e.g. Match Game in 1998.

carlisle96:

--- Quote from: MikeK on July 16, 2024, 07:48:17 AM ---Talking last night with someone who will be on The 1% Club, I discovered that the FOX airing of The 1% Club has a different open than the same episode on Amazon Prime.  Is this unique to just this show airing on both linear TV and streaming?

I'm not talking about shows which had different opening sequences during its season/run, e.g. Match Game in 1998.

--- End quote ---
Not as contemporary, but Groucho's You Bet Your Life had several openings, but much of that depended on who was the sponsor. What's My Line also had different openings throughout its network run

MikeK:
Again, I am not talking over a show's run.  I am talking about individual installments.

Kevin Prather:
To illustrate Mike's point: The 1% Club on Fox has a studio announcer doing the opening spiel over a video montage, and introducing Patton Oswalt. That same episode on Amazon Prime has Patton giving the whole spiel without the video montage.

Matt Ottinger:

--- Quote from: MikeK on July 16, 2024, 03:53:23 PM ---Again, I am not talking over a show's run.  I am talking about individual installments.
--- End quote ---

But honestly, how often would this scenario even come up?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version