Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Trading cards of game show personalities  (Read 1200 times)

MikeK

• Martha!
Trading cards of game show personalities
« on: July 27, 2024, 11:57:07 AM »
I have mentioned in the past about personalities appearing in trading cards, specifically people like Ken Jennings, Marc Summers, Austin Rogers, and James Holzhauer appearing in different Allen and Ginter releases since 2007.

I have also mentioned Donruss' long-gone Americana series, which had base cards, swatch cards, and autographs including Chuck Woolery, Wink, Bob Eubanks, Ed McMahon, John O'Hurley, and others.

A new-to-me series which is at The National Sports Collectors Convention, aka my home the last 4 days, is Leaf Pop Century, which has 4 autographed cards per box.  Among people relevant to this board in this set are Carmen Electra, Alec Baldwin, Carrie Wilson, Corbin Bernsen, David Arquette, Dick Van Dyke, Gena Lee Nolan, Vicki Lawrence, and William Shatner.

I have had good luck with this product.  My Facebook friends have seen what I have gotten.

SamJ93

Re: Trading cards of game show personalities
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2024, 12:36:30 PM »
Of course there was also once, albeit inadvertently, a Pat Sajak trading card...
It's a well-known fact that Lincoln loved mayonnaise!

gameshowfan2001

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2024, 01:46:13 PM »
I never knew this.

Eric Paddon

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2024, 03:37:12 PM »
Remember the GSN "As Seen On Theater" promo with the "Vault Guys" who were trading cards of game show hosts to each other and when one of them says he has a "98 Eubanks" and the other says "there's no such thing as a 98 Banks!" the first one brings in Bob Eubanks tied up in rope to a chair?

gameshowfan2001

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2024, 12:28:48 PM »
Remember the GSN "As Seen On Theater" promo with the "Vault Guys" who were trading cards of game show hosts to each other and when one of them says he has a "98 Eubanks" and the other says "there's no such thing as a 98 Banks!" the first one brings in Bob Eubanks tied up in rope to a chair?

Haha yes! Good old Greg Baker & Matthew Parrot.