The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

2024 USA Today Game Show Articles

<< < (6/9) > >>

steveleb:
It is a typo.  I’m off my game.  Apologies. 

BillCullen1:

--- Quote from: Otm Shank on July 25, 2024, 04:24:57 AM ---It is missing the Melody Roulette round which was almost as signature to the brand as the Bid-a-Note round. 
--- End quote ---

I agree. I think they should have put Melody Roulette and Bid a Note as the main games but I get that the producers maybe wanted to try something new. 

JasonA1:

--- Quote from: BrandonFG on July 22, 2024, 08:28:35 PM ---This is by far my biggest pet peeve with modern game shows. I know the producers want good Youtube content, but I also don't think people are rushing to share a clip of someone doing a cheer routine on You Bet Your Life.
--- End quote ---

To be perfectly fair, I was amused when a group in the audience on Price is Right would stand up and perform coming out of break, or something like that. There's countless examples like that on several classic shows. But on the flip side, many of those examples (most?) were genuinely impromptu. These things can be additive when done well. But they can also feel forced, and I think the audience is hip to it when it's overproduced.

-Jason

Dbacksfan12:

--- Quote from: JasonA1 on July 25, 2024, 01:12:57 PM ---
--- Quote from: BrandonFG on July 22, 2024, 08:28:35 PM ---This is by far my biggest pet peeve with modern game shows. I know the producers want good Youtube content, but I also don't think people are rushing to share a clip of someone doing a cheer routine on You Bet Your Life.
--- End quote ---

To be perfectly fair, I was amused when a group in the audience on Price is Right would stand up and perform coming out of break, or something like that. There's countless examples like that on several classic shows. But on the flip side, many of those examples (most?) were genuinely impromptu. These things can be additive when done well. But they can also feel forced, and I think the audience is hip to it when it's overproduced.
--- End quote ---
I agree with you that they were more impromptu.  How many of them were selected as a contestant?  With that said, it seemed those folks were just happy getting their 30 seconds of fame.  Now, not being able to dance is one of many blocks to being a contestant.

Neumms:

--- Quote from: steveleb on July 23, 2024, 06:20:42 AM ---They also draw praise for the unique film look that their foreign production makes easier.

--- End quote ---

There are places for that look. The Bachelor, for example, takes place over time and the romance might benefit from looking cinematic. Name That Tune loses so much energy, though. It’s as if they’re not even bothering to pretend it’s spontaneous.

Watching Kennedy’s version as a wee lad, I thought it was all old songs only nerds could name. With the current run, though, I can name lots of tunes. This does not make me feel youthful and vibrant.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version