The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

Today’s Learned League mini-quiz: Game Shows 2

<< < (2/6) > >>

BrandonFG:
So I thought this was going to be a one-day event and not a continuous thing. Today’s questions are a little more difficult, but if you read the questions deeply enough they’re gettable.

/And had I read deeper today, I would’ve gotten five instead of four right
//Did get my first 9(6) yesterday

Matt Ottinger:

--- Quote from: BrandonFG on July 30, 2024, 11:46:31 AM ---//Did get my first 9(6) yesterday
--- End quote ---

<like>

BrandonFG:
For the record, here's yesterday's list again.

Q1. Though this show's main game had no onscreen time limits in its original American format, its contestants earned their way into the Hot Seat through a speed-based qualifying game called Fastest Finger. Name the show.

Q2. Name either of the two future Saturday Night Live cast members who appeared in the on-air cast of MTV's Remote Control. One would become a Weekend Update anchor; the other would occasionally bring his guitar to appearances at the Update desk.

Q3. The US game shows Friend or Foe and Take It All, as well as the UK game shows Shafted, Golden Balls, and The Bank Job, all ended each game with a similar decision point. In game theory, this scenario is best known by what two-word name?

Q4. In one 1972 episode of this classic sitcom (based on a stage play), the title characters play as teammates on Password—but unsuccessfully, as one attempts to convey the word "bird" with the clue "Aristophanes." Name the sitcom.

Q5. In a 2012 interview, Ted Allen described what show's unaired pilot as "pretty trippy" and "a little too weird for" its network? He explained, "The show was originally a lot more elaborate. It was set in a mansion, the host was a butler, the butler held a Chihuahua, and when a chef was [REDACTED] the losing dish was fed to the Chihuahua."

Q6. Hosted by Wink Martindale, what quiz show, a hit for the Lifetime network in the '90s, was notable for having its contestants begin the game with scores that were negative dollar amounts?

Answers:

1. Who Wants to Be a Millionaire
2. Colin Quinn; Adam Sandler
3. Prisoner's Dilemma
4. The Odd Couple
5. Chopped
6. Debt.

trainman:

--- Quote from: BrandonFG on July 30, 2024, 11:46:31 AM ---So I thought this was going to be a one-day event and not a continuous thing.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, it's a "mini-league" (register in advance, 11 regular days of 6 questions each followed by a 1-day 12-question championship round) as opposed to a "one-day special" (play if you feel like it, a single 12-question quiz).

SuperMatch93:
I really need to find someone to sponsor me in so I can give LL a try. I really want to get back into doing competitive trivia (my bar trivia team made it to the city championships a couple years back) and I feel like it would be a good way to prep for the J! online test.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version