Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Two questions about Eubanks Card Sharks  (Read 1085 times)

wdm1219inpenna

Two questions about Eubanks Card Sharks
« on: August 04, 2024, 07:55:16 PM »
Often I've wondered why, during the Money Cards round, the first card dealt covered the $200 space on the board when the Jim Perry version left that vacant until the game began.

Also, after a player lost a match or retired after five matches, why would Bob almost always say "We'll see you again..." when you know darn well they were never coming back?

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Re: Two questions about Eubanks Card Sharks
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2024, 07:59:19 PM »
Often I've wondered why, during the Money Cards round, the first card dealt covered the $200 space on the board when the Jim Perry version left that vacant until the game began.
Because. Perhaps it was more dramatic to be handed that base card.

Also, after a player lost a match or retired after five matches, why would Bob almost always say "We'll see you again..." when you know darn well they were never coming back?
I imagine it was a crutch of his, something he could say to fill time or dismiss a runner-up with a smile. It is not one of my favorite things, and could rise to actionable if someone felt like it. It's better than "you brought shame upon your clan, enjoy your Press-On Nails."
Travis L. Eberle

wdm1219inpenna

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2024, 11:36:50 AM »
And technically speaking, Bob was right when he said "We'll see you again." as we see reruns of the show now!  I know that's not how he meant it, but in the most literal sense, he was right.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2024, 11:43:11 AM »
I suppose so, but not really in the spirit of the question you asked.
Travis L. Eberle