The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

Wesley Hyatt's new WOF book

<< < (3/3)

clemon79:

--- Quote from: BrandonFG on August 10, 2024, 04:49:05 PM ---From what I've seen from Bear Manor, that usually comes along a couple months later.

--- End quote ---

And (and I as well love the people in here who use their services, and will still buy their products specifically to support them, but) will be insanely poorly formatted, unless they've gotten better about that very recently. But if they had anything to do with the design of this cover, that's not a good sign.

Bob Zager:
A little Q&A session between the author and the publisher:

https://www.bearmanormedia.com/blogs/news/q-a-with-wesley-hyatt-author-of-i-d-like-to-buy-a-vowel-spinning-50-years-of-wheel-of-fortune?_pos=3&_sid=acac776ed&_ss=r

calliaume:
Authors do not design covers. I suspect Bear Manor had a very small design budget, and had to go with what they could get inexpensively.

I suspect most Bear Manor Books publishes are printed on digital presses (which are basically high-tech Xerox machines). The last two Bear Manor books I ordered were listed as having been printed in Monee, IL, where Amazon has a fulfillment center. That might explain why the cover on some copies is off center.

And yeah, usually digital editions come out after the print ones -- once the print edition files are complete, a epub file (and/or the one for Kindle) is made, and then (hopefully) has a QA done to make sure there aren't formatting problems. This isn't always done, however, regardless of the size of the publisher.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version